16880Re: [multimachine] Re: don't try to make a multimachine out of this

    Mar 12, 2013
      You just have to be persistent and patient. I found two Mazda Miata
      blocks already stripped for $50. A bit later, I found a complete Volvo
      engine and transmission with all accessories, including the shifter for
      $60. Stick to the auto parts section, check it regularly. If you check
      it once a day, after the first search, you will only have to go through
      the things posted that day. Also, check the towns within driving distance.

      Another possibility are the many forums devoted to a specific model.
      Take the Miata for instance. It is a very popular hot rod, racer,
      drifter, etc. I will wager you could get damaged blocks for the cost of
      pickup. If you do that, consider the cost of the round trip to get the
      block before you commit; the closer the better.

      --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 57 year old fat man.

      On 3/11/2013 9:49 PM, jgmrequel wrote:
      > Is there any tips for finding small engine blocks for homemade
      > horizontal mills? I guess I'm spoiled with craigslist, but not sure
      > where to look.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic