16651Re: [multimachine] OT: stat

    Jan 2, 2013
      I want to wait a few days so I can build up a list. Going to start with checking out some of our best links.

      Besides, need to feel a little better before I start anything. Brain is not working well.

      From: Shannon DeWolfe <sdewolfe@...>
      To: multimachine@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:41 PM
      Subject: [multimachine] OT: stat

      A service call came into the shop this morning -- "STAT!" That started a
      conversation about just exactly what is "STAT" short for?

      I think most everyone knows that in medical parlance, "STAT" means
      "immediately". It is not an acronym. It is actually a shortened form of
      the Latin word "statim". I know that now because I searched "medical
      term stat" which lead me to the information and the source of the
      information. I thought that reference library was pretty cool and passed
      it along to you.

      Did you tweet it? I am about to sign-up on twitter. I didn't think I
      would ever do that.

      Mr. Shannon DeWolfe
      --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 56 year old fat man.

      On 1/2/2013 3:56 PM, Pat Delany wrote:
      > How did you find this jewel?

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic