16650OT: stat

    Jan 2, 2013
      A service call came into the shop this morning -- "STAT!" That started a
      conversation about just exactly what is "STAT" short for?

      I think most everyone knows that in medical parlance, "STAT" means
      "immediately". It is not an acronym. It is actually a shortened form of
      the Latin word "statim". I know that now because I searched "medical
      term stat" which lead me to the information and the source of the
      information. I thought that reference library was pretty cool and passed
      it along to you.

      Did you tweet it? I am about to sign-up on twitter. I didn't think I
      would ever do that.

      Mr. Shannon DeWolfe
      --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 56 year old fat man.

      On 1/2/2013 3:56 PM, Pat Delany wrote:
      > How did you find this jewel?
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic