16630Re: [multimachine] Twittering our project ? relevant links needed

  • bhu678@gmail.com
    Jan 1, 2013
      I think it says something that we have only one positive response so far.  I would much prefer a forum myself.  All of my car forums are very active, and topics are easy to follow, unlike a mailing list.  No use for Twitter or Facebook,  I escaped high school long ago.  If forums work so well for car guys, then they will definitely work well for this project.  Check out hybridz.org or ratsun.net for two good examples.  After we get a forum, a wiki would be a good next step.

      Scott B

      On 1/1/2013 10:55 AM, Shannon DeWolfe wrote:

      Chaz pretty much summed up what I was thinking. He did join the group;
      but only because he needed to in order to get the information he wanted.

      I suggest a chain of information. Twitter announcements of Facebook
      posts. Post to Facebook a link, photo, or drawing with a short
      explanation and then link from there to a forum where the meat of the
      information is located. As much as I like getting the multimachine group
      emails delivered right to my email, the group is extremely limited.
      Messages are not search friendly when you are looking for specific
      information. Links get lost. Posts are forgotten about until it is
      covered again. Our uploads are limited (in fact, nearly full now, the
      reason for the mm-concrete group, etc.) Everything here could be
      transferred over a period of time to a forum. A forum can be configured
      to allow an email subscription to a thread. When it is updated, an email
      is sent with a link to the latest posting.

      I have more thoughts on this subject but I am busy today. Someone else
      fill in the gaps in my thinking, please. ;-)

      --I've taken to using Mr. because my name misleads folks on the WWW. I am a 56 year old fat man.

      On 1/1/2013 9:32 AM, Chaz Petersen wrote:

      > I'm a younger member (19 years old) of the group and agree that the
      > best way to spread awareness and find new members is through facebook
      > and twitter, I only signed up to Yahoo Groups just so I could follow
      > this group but if there was a twitter or facebook page, I would have
      > prefered it.
      >
      > Chaz

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic