Gearing up for January EVO sessions

  • Glenn V
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2009
      Hi all,

      This group is starting to accumulate members in anticipation of the upcoming EVO sessions in January 2010.

      This group has about 115 members on it from several previous renditions of the Multiliteracies course in its various forms over the years. As it is an ongoing YGroup, we do not follow EVO policy of not accepting new members until EVO registration starts in January. Therefore we are accepting new memberships as they are requested (much easier for everyone I think).

      However we will follow the EVO schedule for the course itself. Although we haven't finished updating the syllabus for 2010 you can see how it's coming at http://goodbyegutenberg.pbworks.com/. You'll note for example that we have a new book for the course, Mark Pegrum's From Blogs to Bombs: http://www.newsouthbooks.com.au/isbn/9781921401343.htm
      We're hoping for an affordable eBook version, but if you're planning to join us for this next round you could try and get a copy of the book.

      This is just a quick note to let new members know that we have opened the gates but we don't anticipate much going on of substance here until January, and to let the 100+ who are on this list from previous times around know that the list will again get active in January. You are welcome to stay on board and set your email preferences according to your anticipated level of participation. If you do choose to join us, you'll be happy to know the course will be altered a bit thanks to Mark's input and participation.

      If you have any comments on our syllabus for January the moderators would be happy to have your input, otherwise, see you in January,

      Vance