Introduction: Claire Bradin Siskin

  • Claire Bradin Siskin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2009
      Please call me Claire.
      I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
      I am female.
      My time zone is -5 GMT (Eastern Standard)
      My ID for Yahoo, Twitter, Skype, etc. is cbsiskin.

      Best regards, Claire
    • Dennis Oliver
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2009
        Clairinha!

        Why am I NOT surprised that you're the first to add your introduction?

        --- In multilit@yahoogroups.com (message #212), you wrote:

        Please call me Claire.
        I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
        I am female.
        My time zone is -5 GMT (Eastern Standard)
        My ID for Yahoo, Twitter, Skype, etc. is cbsiskin.

        Best regards, Claire

        -----> This is a model introduction: it covers all the basics without
        any extra padding. As such, it's easy to learn the basics about you
        and to remember them!

        Thanks for giving those who follow a good model to work from.

        Best regards to you as well, my friend!

        Com um carinhoso abra├žo--

        Dennis in Phoenix
      • Claire Bradin Siskin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2009
          I think Dennis wanted each of us to write more stuff about ourselves,
          so here it is:

          I taught ESL for many years, and now I direct the Robert Henderson
          Language Media Center at the University of Pittsburgh. I also teach a
          graduate-level course about computer-assisted language learning
          (CALL). I organize a weekly workshop series about technology in
          language learning.

          I have been a loyal member of Webheads for many years (can't remember
          how many), and I am especially interested in international education.
          I have conducted sessions about CALL in Indonesia, Egypt, Portugal,
          Dubai, Romania, Serbia, Albania, Montenegro, Kosovo, Brazil, and Japan.

          Best, Claire
        • Dennis Oliver
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2009
            Hi again, Clairinha.

            -----> Many thanks!

            -----> I never cease to be in awe of your productivity, Clairinha!

            I have been a loyal member of Webheads for many years (can't remember
            how many), and I am especially interested in international education.
            I have conducted sessions about CALL in Indonesia, Egypt, Portugal,
            Dubai, Romania, Serbia, Albania, Montenegro, Kosovo, Brazil, and Japan.

            -----> You and Vance are always popping up in interesting places!

            The most interesting place of all, for me, was the F2F meeting we had
            here in Phoenix not so long ago. I'll never forget it, and I greatly
            look forward to meeting Marc (and, hopefully, Volker H.) when we get
            together again!

            Best, Claire

            -----> Best to you as well, Clairinha, and many thanks for the
            additional information!