Happy New Year and new EVO session for 2009 on Multiliteracies

  • Vance Stevens
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      This is just to let you know that this group is filling with new
      members now. Each person who signs up from today will receive this
      message as an automatic welcome. I'll post the message here so that
      all can see it.

      Happy new year to all

      Vance (heading for Uganda for a couple of weeks)

      New welcome msg
      ----------------------------

      Welcome to the multilit group at Yahoo! Groups.

      You have joined the listserv for the EVO Session for 2009
      "Multiliteracies for Social Networking and Collaborative Learning
      Environments. For more information please visit our portal at:
      http://goodbyegutenberg.pbwiki.com/

      The period from January 2 to 11, 2009 is meant to be a sign-up period.
      This is when the group (or community, or network: we'll investigate
      any differences later) is supposed to form. Communications during
      this time will be attended to, but note that EVO sessions officially
      start January 12.

      In order that all who wish to participate will receive your messages,
      this is when you should send in your introduction, or shortly after
      this date.

      It happens that two of the 4 moderators in this session have holidays
      the first two weeks in January. We will of course be open for
      activity and discussion from Jan 12, but the last moderator returns
      home Jan 17, so if the session seems to be starting slowly, don't
      worry, it will pick up from the 17th.

      Meantime, you can be exploring our syllabus at:
      http://goodbyegutenberg.pbwiki.com/Syllabus_Outline
      You might want to make note in your online calendar for our events:
      http://goodbyegutenberg.pbwiki.com/Events_Schedule

      To learn more about the multilit group, please visit
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multilit. You can post messages at the
      site or simply send email to multilit@yahoogroups.com

      If you do not wish to belong to multilit, you may
      unsubscribe at the YahooGroups website or by sending an email to
      multilit-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To see and modify all of your groups, go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups

      Regards,

      Moderator, multilit
    • Joao Alves
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
        Can anyone of us (the moderators) accept the new member requests from now
        on?

        Joao

        --
        Prof. Joao Alves
        http://joaocarlosalves.eu

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
          Yes you can, those conducting the new course have all been made moderators,

          Vance

          On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Joao Alves <j.alves46@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone of us (the moderators) accept the new member requests from
          > now
          > on?
          >
          > Joao

        • Nelba