Resuming Multiliteracies as an EVO course in 2009

  • Vance Stevens
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
      Hi all,

      This is just to let you know that this YahooGroup to which you are
      subscribed will be getting active soon. You are welcome to remain on
      board and join in or simply sit back and observe. There is more
      information at our homepage http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/multilit/

      If you opt to remain on this list, you have the further option of
      setting your mail delivery preferences to individual mails, daily
      digests, or web reading only. Since the group messages are public you
      can also subscribe to the group RSS feed in an aggregator such as
      Google Reader (and you don't have to be a group member to do that ;-)

      The course this time around will be wider ranging than before and more
      an exploration of the tools than the concepts, though there will be
      much content in evidence. That is, there will be more of a
      connectivist approach in that the pipes might be considered more
      important than what's in them. I realize that's my viewpoint, but
      anyone could take the content as having greater focus, and that would
      be up to the beholder.

      If you're along for the ride, this is just a note to warn you to brace
      yourself (or to relax and endure a little more email than usual - at
      present there are fewer than 40 subscribers to this group; that number
      could double).

      Best,
      Vance
    • Vance Stevens
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2008
        Hi everyone,

        Further to the message I sent earlier, I have created a welcome
        message that will be sent to anyone who joins this group from this day
        forward until Jan 2, 2009. I think the message is self-explanatory.

        If you are with us from a previous rendition of this course, welcome
        back. And if you've just joined us before this message was created,
        then WELCOME and here is what to expect between now and January.

        Here's the message:

        Hello,

        Welcome to the multilit group at Yahoo! Groups.

        You have joined the listserv for the EVO Session for 2009
        "Multiliteracies for Social Networking and Collaborative Learning
        Environments. For more information please visit our portal at:
        http://goodbyegutenberg.pbwiki.com/

        Please note that the EVO sessions do not start until January, 2009.
        If the moderators accept you in the group before the starting date it
        is to save you the inconvenience of having to come back later, but
        please understand that the EVO sessions do not start until January,
        and therefore your messages to this list may or not be answered before
        that time.

        The period from January 2 to 11th 2009 is meant to be a sign-up
        period. This is when the group or community or network (we'll
        investigate any differences later) is supposed to form.
        Communications during this time may be limited as well, though
        messages sent at this time should be attended to.

        The sessions will start January 12. This is when you would want to
        send in your introduction, sometime shortly after this date.

        Please note that we have a syllabus at:
        http://goodbyegutenberg.pbwiki.com/Syllabus_Outline
        You might want to make note in your online calendar for our events:
        http://goodbyegutenberg.pbwiki.com/Events_Schedule

        To learn more about the multilit group, please visit
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multilit. You can post messages at the
        site or simply send email to multilit@yahoogroups.com

        If you do not wish to belong to multilit, you may
        unsubscribe at the YahooGroups website or by sending an email to
        multilit-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        To see and modify all of your groups, go to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups

        Regards,

        Moderators, multilit
        At the above URLs you can see who the moderators are ;-)

        --- In multilit@yahoogroups.com, "Vance Stevens" <vstevens@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > This is just to let you know that this YahooGroup to which you are
        > subscribed will be getting active soon. You are welcome to remain on
        > board and join in or simply sit back and observe. There is more
        > information at our homepage http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/multilit/
        >
        > If you opt to remain on this list, you have the further option of
        > setting your mail delivery preferences to individual mails, daily
        > digests, or web reading only. Since the group messages are public you
        > can also subscribe to the group RSS feed in an aggregator such as
        > Google Reader (and you don't have to be a group member to do that ;-)
        >
        > The course this time around will be wider ranging than before and more
        > an exploration of the tools than the concepts, though there will be
        > much content in evidence. That is, there will be more of a
        > connectivist approach in that the pipes might be considered more
        > important than what's in them. I realize that's my viewpoint, but
        > anyone could take the content as having greater focus, and that would
        > be up to the beholder.
        >
        > If you're along for the ride, this is just a note to warn you to brace
        > yourself (or to relax and endure a little more email than usual - at
        > present there are fewer than 40 subscribers to this group; that number
        > could double).
        >
        > Best,
        > Vance

      • Nelba
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2008
          Hi, Vance. The message is OK.

          Welcome back

          Nelba Quintana
          alias Nelba Aeon en Second Life
          http://englishvirtualcommunity.blogspot.com
          http://slenglish.ning.com/profile/NelbaQuintana

> [...]

          > digests, or web reading only. Since the group messages are public you
          > can also subscribe to the group RSS feed in an aggregator such as
          > Google Reader (and you don't have to be a group member to do that ;-)
          >
          > The course this time around will be wider ranging than before and more
          > an exploration of the tools than the concepts, though there will be
          > much content in evidence. That is, there will be more of a
          > connectivist approach in that the pipes might be considered more
          > important than what's in them. I realize that's my viewpoint, but
          > anyone could take the content as having greater focus, and that would
          > be up to the beholder.
          >
          > If you're along for the ride, this is just a note to warn you to brace
          > yourself (or to relax and endure a little more email than usual - at
          > present there are fewer than 40 subscribers to this group; that number

          Yahoo! Cocina
          Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
          http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

        • Dennis Oliver