Learning2gether events in the next week or so

  • Vance Stevens
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2013
      Hi folks, and apologies for redundant postings ...

      This is just a reminder of the Learning2gether events you can participate
      in in the next couple of weeks. Details are available at
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevents

      Today (soon) Michael Coghlan and Vance Stevens meet in Melbourne for a
      podcast with Stephan Ridgway and Alex Hayes and others on TalkingVTE. This
      happens at 10 a.m. GMT, 8:30 pm AEST. Best entry is http;//
      webheadsinaction.org/live where you can tune in to the stream and find how
      to join the live hangout.

      Sunday 1400 GMT, 11 a.m. in Argentina, Maria Bossa will present on
      brightening your classroom with Web 2.0, showing practical uses of many
      tools she has learned as a Webhead and BaW participant. Enter this one at
      Elluminate http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/.

      Looking ahead to the following Sun Apr 21 13:30 GMT Evelyn Izquierdo and
      Miguel Mendoza will present on Podcasting, web-based recordings and
      videocasts: Dynamic and interactive ways to provide feedback. This work
      stems from their co-moderating sessions in EVO and presenting on this topic
      at the recent TESOL Conference in Dallas. We haven't set a venue for it
      yet.

      Then on Friday April 26th the indefatigable Shelly Terrell talks to us on
      one of her many presentation topics, Bring Your Own Devices. This happens
      at 2200 GMT in the Webheads Elluminate Webinar room
      http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/

      Beyond that we are always looking for colleagues willing to share with us
      any expertise they have or host a discussion on a topic of interest.
      Normally we meet on Sundays or Mondays noon GMT or later, and by the end
      of April we hope to have completed our move to http://learning2gether.net

      Hope to cya soon,

      Vance

      --