Week 4 activities

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      We're in Week 4 now, a kind of consolidation week, where we look at our session through sociopolitical lenses, and verge on the concept of edupunk, if you wish to go that far. Jim Groom's name cropped up in our Elluminate session last week, and Dave Cormier had mentioned him in something I linked to, and interestingly, Jim's website is a good example of an ePortfolio, http://jimgroom.net/. Explore the blogs if you dare.

      I have just cleaned up http://goodbyegutenberg.pbworks.com/Week4EVO2011. Sandra rightly pointed out that some of the things from previous sessions should be in the past tense (they are now, and linked to the recordings). Here there are some "Tasks for Week 4"

      "Scan the annotated list (of K-12 online presentations) and identify the presentations you think most interesting and then view them and feed back to the list your reflections and answers to Mark's questions, not only

      - What key literacies should we be teaching students in a digital world?, but also
      - To what extent is it the responsibility of educators to teach/coach these literacies?
      - Are there any drawbacks or dangers in teaching/coaching these literacies?"

      In the Ning, Vanessa created a nice post addressing some of these questions, here:
      http://multiliteracies.ning.com/profiles/blogs/what-is-technological-literacy

      I appended the Week 4 questions to the discussion there, so you could discuss it in the Ning or on the Multilit list

      Hope you're having F.U.N.

      Vance