2043Learning2gether events before and after Sunday Oct 19 David Winet and PopupChinese

  • Vance Stevens
    Oct 17, 2014
      Hi everyone,

      Let me start by announcing the next official Learning2gether event the Sunday Oct 19 at 1300 GMT. David Winet will do a dress-rehearsal for his upcoming talk at CATESOL in Hangout on the topic of PopupChinese, a free language learning site and appropriate model for all our online FL activites. You can catch the stream or find the direct link to the HoA closer to the time at http://webheadsinaction.org/live

      Full details are also at http://tinyurl.com/learning2gether as usual, but there is clutter there from all the other activities taking place starting tomorrow. Here is a list of events you can find out more about at that URL:
      • Sat Oct 18 from 1300 GMT IATEFL Web Conference Day 1: Hot Topics Across Borders in ELT
      • Sat Oct 18 from 1500 GMT -Art Education and Digital Technologies: Virtual World Conference
      • Sun Oct 19 1300 GMT David Winet demonstrates Popupchinese.com
      • Sun Oct 19 1400 GMT EVO Moderator Training Kickoff in Blackboard Collaborate,
        http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/
      • Sun Oct 19 at 1430 GMT IATEFL Web Conference day 2: Hot Topics Across Borders in ELT
      • Mon Oct 20 K-12 Online Conference strand on Stories for Learning and Games and Gamification. This is an asynchronous conference. The keynote by one of my favorite educators, Wesley Fryer, is out now: Igniting Innovation in Teaching and Learning, http://youtu.be/_q2dThmwg0s
      • Wed Oct 22 1300 GMT ELT Live #7

      All events organized through Learning2gether are archived at http://learning2gether.net. Visit there to hear the talk we had last Sunday with Jeff Magoto talking about ANVILL which he co-developed, including the Elluminate recording online, and renditions from that of an mp4 posted at YouTube, and a downloadable mp3 for hands and eyes-free listening http://learning2gether.net/2014/10/12/learning2gether-with-jeff-magoto-talking-about-anvill/

      Hope to see you online soon,