POSTDOC position at the DAI Labor / Technische Universiä t Berlin
- POSTDOC position at the DAI Labor of the Technische Universiät Berlin
The DAI Labor and the chair "Agent Technologies in Business Applications and Telecommunications" under the leadership of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sahin Albayrak focuses on research and development with the goal of developing technologies for the next generation of services and distributed systems. These "Smart Services and Smart Systems" provide a number of novel features that allows them to act autonomously and intelligently.
Research in the DAI Labor is being conducted within six different Competence Centers. With this theoretical grounding the DAI Labor applies the technologies in different application areas for the development and evaluation of Smart Services. State-of-the-art testbeds allow to validate and demonstrate these services in realistic scenarios. Close cooperation with industry partners ensures an approach that is both practical and solution oriented. All of this allows the DAI Labor to develop technologies within an university environment that meets even the highest industry standards.
The Competence Center "Agent Core Technologies" is looking for a POSTDOC to strengthen its position and further its goal to become a leading group in agent technology and serviceware frameworks.
The candidate will be jointly responsible for coordinating the activities of the competence center, including leading small teams of students and PhD candidates, managing projects, writing project proposals as well as communicating with national and international partners.
* a PhD in computer science or a related discipline
* experience in agent technology, semantic web, (web-) services, formal semantics
* knowledge in graphical process modelling languages (such as BPMN) as well as programming experience
* motivation, be used to take the initiative, and be a team player
* experience with project acquisitions
* good management skills
* excellent spoken and written English, German is a definite plus
* exciting topics and a vibrant environment
* excellent state-of-the-art infrastructure with access to new and emerging technologies
* close collaboration with university and large industries
* a 2+3 year contract
For further information regarding this position and our institute, please see our website http://www.dai-labor.de, or contact Benjamin Hirsch at Benjamin.Hirsch@...
Applications including a CV, research statement, and a list of publications should be sent to Benjamin.Hirsch@... no later than 31.3.2008.