book recommendation?

  • rey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2006
      Hello everyone,

      I'm sorry if this list is not the appropriate place for this kind of
      question, but I'd like to ask for a book recommendation on MAS.
      My background comes from a MSc degree in CS specializing in
      distributed systems, but I don't have any knowledge of MAS yet.
      I am however considering to step up to MAS for my Ph.D., so I'm
      looking for a good introductory book on this research topic.

      I had a quick look at amazon and found a number of books like
      Wooldridge's "An Introduction to Multi-agent Systems" or Weiss's
      "Multiagent Systems: A Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial
      Intelligence". I'm a bit concerned about their publication dates
      though, as they date back to 2002 and 2000 already. Are these books
      still useful today? Or is there any other decent book available?

      Best regards,
      -Rey Abe