Jason version 0.7.1

  • Rafael H Bordini
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      We are glad to announce version 0.7.1 of Jason, an interpreter
      for a much extended version of AgentSpeak, which is a BDI logic-based
      agent-oriented programming language. There has been major improvements
      since Jason was last announced on the lists. It's available Open
      Source (under LGPL) at:

      http://jason.sf.net

      Version 0.7 of Jason has all the features described in chapter 1
      of the book on "Multi-Agent Programming" recently announced in
      this list; the book is available at:
      http://www.springeronline.com/0-387-24568-5
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0387245685

      Besides implemented in Java, Jason has various customisation
      and extension mechanism which make integration with Java
      code very easy and neat. In the sourceforge download page,
      besides the main Jason package you'll also find other resources.
      In particular, there is an example showing the access to web services
      from within an internal action.

      Various other extension (such as the use of ontological reasoning,
      organisational structures, and various others) are also under
      development. We will also provide teaching resources (e.g., slides
      and exercises) soon. Because of the simplicity of the basic
      AgentSpeak constructs, Jason is quite appropriate for under- and
      post-graduate teaching.

      Jomi Hubner and Rafael Bordini