946[AAMAS14] 2nd Call for Demonstrations
- Dec 10, 2013
Call for Demonstrations
Demos track Website: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/boan/aamas2014Demo/
The goal of the AAMAS DEMOs track is to provide opportunities for participants from academia and/or industry to present their latest developments in agent-based software and/or robotic systems. Interactive systems and novel applications are particularly welcome. Student researchers are encouraged to submit. A "Best Demo" will be selected and awarded by the committee.
At least one author of accepted demos will be expected to present a poster and live demonstration at the conference in Paris.
Authors of accepted papers and posters in the main track of the AAMAS conference, as well as workshop presenters, are particularly encouraged to submit! (You'll be there anyway - this is another opportunity to share your work and discuss your results in detail with conference attendees who visit your Demo!)
Examples of demos include but are not limited to:
· Robotic systems (single- and multi-agent)
· Interactive agent-based software systems
· Agent-based simulation environments
· Personal robotics
· Innovative applications of agent-based systems or prototypes (e.g., industrial, military, educational)
· Agent-based games
· Agent platforms and development environments
· Open-source software tools for agent-based system development
· Human-robot interactive systems
· Virtual agents and interactive virtual environments
The organizers will make every effort to facilitate demo requirements. If you have unusual requirements please contact the organizers in advance. At a minimum, we will provide a poster board, a monitor with a standard VGA connector, a power strip and a 2m table for each demonstration.
Submissions accepted for the demonstration session will be advertised on the AAMAS website and in the conference booklet, which will contain abstracts of all available Demos. Each Demo submission must consist of the following:
1. Paper: A 2-page paper in which the authors describe the system to be demonstrated. The paper should describe the application domain, the problem scenario, the technology used, the agent/multi-agent techniques involved, the innovations of the system, its live and interactive aspects, etc. Papers MUST BE PREPARED IN PDF format using the AAMAS style (follow these instructions)).
2. Video or PPT: The paper must contain a URL linking to a demonstration video no more than 5 minutes in length (QuickTime or YouTube format) or a Powerpoint presentation showing and explaining what happens. If some other format can more clearly show the demo, accommodation may be made. Please contact the organizers in advance.
3. Contribution and Supervisor Endorsement (Student Projects Only): A brief note from the student's supervisor describing the student's individual contribution to the project, written on university letterhead and including the supervisor's full name, title and email address. This should be attached as the 3rd page of the PDF Paper submission (above).
Accepted Demos will have the 2-page papers included in the AAMAS proceedings.
The submission web site: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aamas2014demo
The submission and selection processes for the AAMAS 2014 Demos will be separate from that of the main conference. Each submission will be assessed by the Demos Committee. The authors will receive a brief report with the result of the evaluation with the notification. The main evaluation criteria are:
· Presentation and technical quality
· Significance and originality
· Relevance to AAMAS
· Maturity of the (deployed) system and readiness for demonstration
· Potential for public interaction
Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted demos will be sent to the corresponding author (see dates below). At least one author of each accepted demonstration is required to register and to attend the conference to give the
Submission deadline: January 10, 2014
Notification of acceptance/rejection: February 14, 2014
Camera-ready paper: February 25, 2014
For more information, please contact the Demos Chairs:
Dr. Bo An
Nanyang Technological University
Dr. Juan A. Rodriguez-Aguillar