RE: [mukto-mona] The allegation of opposition to the establishment of Dhaka University

  • Farida Majid
    Message 1 of 56 , May 31, 2012
                 What Hindu ancestry is being talked about?  There is no such thing.   Hindus of Bengal (probably the latest Hindus), and actually others in the rest of India, cannot boast of any abstract "Hindu" ancestry.  Stop this nonsense piece of concocted "History of India" by James Mill, father of John Stuart Mill.

                Most of Bengal's Hindus, Muslims Christians and Bouddha hail from the same cluster of anthropologically recognizable ethnic groups. Depending on the various areas of Bengal, Northern, South-Eastern, Southern, etc people mass converted to big religions like Hinduism or Islam within two or three centuries of each other.

                I have been saying this over and over again. Yet the old colonial 'wrong' history keeps popping up.

               Why are these people constantly talking of religion with such backward knowledge of history of their own land which they obstinately refuse to update?

                             Farida Majid

      Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:22:11 -0700
      From: subain1@...
      Subject: Re: [mukto-mona] The allegation of opposition to the establishment of Dhaka University
      To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com

      I totally agree with everything that Mr. Shah Deeldar wrote below.

      In fact, regarding hateful minds, I have been saying the same thing for many years. That is, a Muslim who hates innocent Hindus could not possibly stop there; he would find reasons to hate innocent Muslims also. The same goes to hateful minds of all varieties: Hindus, Christians, Jews, etc. Thus, hatred in any form should be shunned for a civilized and peaceful world. Hateful minds need to be re-educated and, if needed, punished. Hatred is hurtful not only to the immediate victims; it ultimately hurts the criminal group also; thus causing broad-based long-term damages to humanity.

      It is really too much of a shame for the intelligent human race to have hateful minds based upon nonsensical religious beliefs.

      Sukhamaya Bain

      Message 56 of 56 , Jun 7, 2012
        Indeed, corruption is an intractable problem in Bangladesh. The country is really badly in need of a good dictator, or a team of good dictators, who would show no mercy to corruption. Of course, that dictator or group of dictators has to be honest.

        Teachers not teaching in the classroom to force students to go to them for private tutoring is an ultimate form of corruption in a society. I am not proposing to prohibit private tutoring for the teachers. But they should teach sincerely in the classroom first, so that the children of the poor have a chance to get educated. The system should fire teachers who are absent from the classroom, and who do not teach in the classroom. If teachers are corrupt in a society, what can be expected of their students and of the society in general?

        Of all segments of the society, teachers should be most rational, and least prone to prejudices based upon religions, ethnicities, sexes, regionalities, etc.

        Sukhamaya Bain