Inquiry about social cultural organizations in NY

  • Snigdha Ali
    Message 1 of 193 , Jul 25, 2006
      Dear Moderators,
      I sent an email to Mukto-Mona on Saturday, asking people for any
      information about social/cultural South Asian events or organizations
      in NY. I am new in NY and by searching the internet could not really
      find any info. Is there any particular reason that email hasn't been
      posted yet for? Or, has it not even gotten to you? In that case please
      let me know and I'll send again.

      Thanks
      Snigdha Ali

      [Response: We apologize to Mrs. Snighda for unintended delay in posting her query. Being a New Yorker myself, one of the possible ways I suggest is to look into the pages of Bangla weeklies published from NY such as Thikana, Bangali, Bangla Potrika, etc. She can purchase them from any Bangladeshi grocery store in NY and some of them are given free. She may also wish to visit www.nybangla.com I hope the info helps.

      -Jahed Ahmed, New York]
    • Nuruzzaman Manik
      Message 193 of 193 , Aug 6, 2006

        Dear Kona,

        Sokele kobi noi,kao kao kobi..(Jibananand)

        Sai Kao Kao er ekjon holen kona.Bishio nirbachon,bachon
        bhongi,darshan,upama...sarthak bebohar lakhonio.Ai kobita te
        mukto-monar darshan sposto.

        I have not read your poem earlier but an article on bombing in
        Mukto-mona.

        Manik

        For All members & readers:Konar kobitar nondon tattik /samojtattik
        kinba tar kobita sahita mullo nie bistarit lekha jeto kinto ai kobitar
        madhame konar sathe amar ekta frindship hoie gashe.

        I am afraid that I may be biased that's why,I have not write in
        details regarding her poem.