Humayun Azad in the news again [ http://www.mukto-mona.com/Articles/khairul/Azad_dustbin.pdf ]

  • Khairul Habib
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 25, 2004
    • Jahed Ahmed
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 27, 2004

        (Picture source: daily Jugantor, Bangladesh.  27 July 2004)

        The above picture is taken from the area of the capital city called Manda in Bangladesh, one of the poorest South Asian country in whole world: a housewife is walking through above waist-level water toward the nearest flood shelter with her child after her house was destroyed by flood. Lately- whole of Bangladesh including capital city Dhaka is under water. According to today's daily newspaper, government would seek foreign help only for post-flood rehabilitation program. But the matter of fact is- urgent help is needed now; I mean-  right now.

        I urge both Bangladeshi and non-Bangladeshi friends alike to come forward with help for the country's flood stricken population. Sending your donation to government, I'm afraid to say, may not be the best option. There are other alternatives available. Look through Bangladeshi newspapers. You may send money to a trustworthy friend living in Bangladesh. If wished- one may also donate availing Mukto-Mona PayPal account at www.mukto-mona.com.

        Whatever be your mode of help ; I urge again- please do it on a urgent basis.

        -Jahed Ahmed
        New York

        Do you Yahoo!?