Science & Philosophy - 5 : On the Nature vs. Nurture Debate

  • Aparthib
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 17, 2003
    • Shashi Aggarwal
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 2003
        Our strongest asset is our own record. Let Pakistanis see how much India has
        achieved in 50 years while their country has descended into a morass of
        dictatorship, corruption, lawlessness, fundamentalism and economic ruin. And who
        knows, in another 50 years, there may not be a Pakistan at all?

        http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_341442,00300001.htm&date= 03/Aug/18

        Shashi Aggarwal

        Monday, August 18, 2003
        Laloo and Pakistan
        Vir Sanghvi
        August 17

        Two weeks ago, I wrote about a discussion I moderated at the Infosys campus
        in Bangalore. The subject was the North-South divide and I was struck by the
        contempt most South Indians seemed to have for the politicians of our cow-belt.

        Again and again, the audience would contrast S.M. Krishna and Chandrababu
        Naidu with the likes of Laloo and Mulayam Singh Yadav. More than one person told
        the story of how people like Chandrababu wanted to turn their states into the
        Indian equivalent of Singapore while North Indian politicians only wanted to
        engage in cheap populism.

        As moderator, it wasn't my job to intervene in the discussion so I did not
        tell my favourite Laloo Yadav story. Though it is almost certainly apocryphal
        (and unfair to Laloo, who is a wise and wonderful man, or so my libel lawyers
        have asked me to say), it has a certain ring of truth about it.

        A delegation from Singapore goes to Patna. They call on the Chief Minister
        and say they intend to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in the State of
        Bihar. All they want is that some of the laws and procedures should be altered
        to make it easier to do business in Bihar.

        "And why should I change my laws to suit you?" asks Laloo.

        Well, say the Singaporeans, we can promise that if you give us a free hand,
        in five years Bihar will be another Singapore.

        "Ha!" says Laloo. "That doesn't impress me at all. Take me to Singapore, give
        me a free hand and I can promise you that within five months Singapore will
        be another Bihar."

        I thought of this story when I read about Laloo's posturings during his trip
        to Pakistan.

        The great man was clearly in his element. I trust Pervez Musharraf, he
        declared, he genuinely wants peace. Put me in charge, Laloo seemed to be saying, and
        in five months I'll make sure that there will be peace between India and
        Pakistan.

        In fact, as we all know, Lalooji is as likely to ensure peace with Pakistan
        as he is to turn Bihar into another Singapore.

        But his rhetoric is instructive. Nearly every open-minded North Indian who
        goes to Pakistan comes back saying roughly the same sort of thing.

        "My God!" they all say. "It's just like India! There's no difference at all
        between us as people. And the Pakistanis are so friendly! They are so
        hospitable!"

        And all of this leads, inexorably, to the same conclusion: if we are really
        the same people, then there's no reason why we can't be friends. There must be
        some mistake here, which is easy to sort out.

        Sometimes, if the Indian visitor is gullible �?? and Lalooji seemed less
        gullible than eager to be gulled �?? then he comes away taking Pakistani politicians
        at face-value. They become, as Laloo says of Musharraf, people you can trust.

        There's just one problem: no matter how overwhelmed Indian visitors to
        Pakistan are, things never really get better.

        A.B. Vajpayee can go to Lahore, receive a hero's welcome �?? and then, only a
        few months later, it is back to Kargil. Laloo and his peacenik pals have only
        just returned but it is safe to say that even as they were convivially sharing
        kababs with their Pakistani hosts (all except for Lalooji who is, of course,
        a strict vegetarian and therefore went hungry in Pakistan) terrorists were
        being infiltrated into India across the Kashmir border.

        The reason for this lies within the peaceniks' own rhetoric: we are basically
        the same people.

        Sadly, few of them bother to ask the obvious follow-up question: if we are
        the same people, then why are we two separate countries?

        It is the answer to that question that determines the course of
        India-Pakistan relations. The reason we are two different countries is because Pakistan is
        dedicated to the two-nation theory, to the proposition that Hindus and Muslims
        are two separate peoples and must therefore live in two separate countries.

        If you accept that proposition then two consequences follow.

        One: Pakistanis must hold that Indian secularism is a sham, that Muslims
        suffer from the tyranny of the Hindu majority and that Hindus and Muslims can't
        live in peace.

        Two: No Muslim majority region can ever really be a part of India. If the
        Kashmir valley has a Muslim majority, then it is, according to the two-nation
        theory's definition, an integral part of Pakistan, occupied by India by force.

        Almost every aspect of Pakistan's policy towards India has been governed by
        these two propositions. Kashmir is the unfinished agenda of partition. Even
        while the Indian delegation was there, Pakistani politicians �?? including the
        Prime Minister �?? repeated again and again that no peace was possible in south
        Asia till the Kashmir issue was 'resolved' and the 'suffering' of the Kashmiri
        people ended.

        Similarly, why do you suppose Pakistan offers shelter to the likes of Dawood
        Ibrahim? Why did the ISI help organise the Bombay blasts? Why are so many
        domestic Muslim militants armed and financed by Pakistan?

        Because Pakistan needs to be convinced that Muslims and Hindus can't live in
        peace. Any damage to Indian secularism, and to relations between the two
        communities is a victory for Pakistan.

        So, no matter how nice the Pakistanis are to Indian visitors, or how
        impressed Laloo Yadav is with General Musharraf's 'trusting' nature, nothing will
        really change between our two countries as long as the principles of the
        two-nation theory are upheld by the Pakistani regime.

        General Musharraf's position, repeated time and again, is that Kashmir must
        be settled before anything else goes forward. And his view of Kashmir is that
        the election �?? a triumph of democracy in face of terror, by any standards �??
        was a farce and that the current state government has no legitimacy. We are
        illegally occupying Kashmir, he says, by using troops to suppress the aspirations
        of the Kashmiri people.

        Does anybody seriously believe that if the General regards this as the
        'centrality' of the Kashmir issue, any kind of peace or settlement is possible?

        My view has always been that all those �?? like Lalooji �?? who offer
        unsolicited tributes to General Musharraf do us no favours. They merely create
        expectations that can never be fulfilled �?? as we saw at the Agra summit.

        But there is another route, one that bypasses the General and his friends in
        camouflage trousers.

        Our problem is that the average Pakistani is fed a steady stream of lies
        about atrocities in Kashmir, about the manner in which Muslims are mistreated in
        India and about the farcical nature of Indian democracy.

        The truth is that despite Narendra Modi and other such aberrations, Indian
        secularism and democracy do work. If they didn't, our President would not be a
        Muslim; he wouldn't even be a civilian. Our top stars wouldn't be called
        Shahrukh, Aamir and Salman. And the National Conference would never have lost power
        in J&K.

        The way ahead, therefore, is to let the Pakistani people see how India has
        flourished while their country has gone from coup to coup, bankrupting itself in
        the process. This can only be done by being open and transparent in showing
        off our achievements.

        Ironically, while Lalooji may have gone overboard, his peacenik pals
        actually had the right idea. People-to-people contacts (dreadful phrase!) are the
        only way to get around the lies and hostility of the Pakistani military
        establishment. We must be willing to allow eminent Pakistanis �?? including the media �??
        to come to India and to see how things are for themselves. It is instructive
        that while every Indian cable operator provides PTV, Indian news channels are
        banned in Pakistan. We are not threatened by their society; but clearly, they
        are threatened by ours.

        I was encouraged by the Prime Minister's speech on Independence Day. While he
        talked tough about cross-border terrorism, he made a distinction between
        Musharraf and his commando pals and ordinary Pakistanis like baby Noor who were
        treated with love and affection in India.

        I think Vajpayee has now got it right. He was too trusting at Lahore but that
        betrayal hasn't diverted him from following a path of peace. But this time,
        he knows that peace will only come when the people of our two countries break
        free of the hatreds foisted on us by such proponents of the two-nation theory
        as the Pakistani establishment and the lunatic fringe of the sangh parivar.

        Nevertheless, we must be patient. In the short run, we must be prepared to
        fight Musharraf militarily, if necessary, no matter what Laloo Yadav thinks. It
        is only in the long run that a people-to-people approach can work. Our
        strongest asset is our own record. Let Pakistanis see how much India has achieved in
        50 years while their country has descended into a morass of dictatorship,
        corruption, lawlessness, fundamentalism and economic ruin.

        And who knows, in another 50 years, there may not be a Pakistan at all?

        © Hindustan Times Ltd. 2003.
      • Aditya Mishra
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 2003
          SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- It almost sounds too fantastic to be true, but a
          growing amount of research supports the idea that DNA, the basic building
          block of life, could also be the basis of a staggeringly powerful new
          generation of computers.

          If it happens, the revolution someday might be traced to the night a decade
          ago when University of Southern California computer scientist Leonard
          Adleman lay in bed reading James Watson's textbook "Molecular Biology of
          the Gene."

          "This is amazing stuff," he said to his wife, and then a foggy notion
          robbed him of his sleep: Human cells and computers process and store
          information in much the same way.
          <http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/08/18/state0306EDT0009.DTL>
        • Rajesh M
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 18, 2003
            Dear Sukhamaya,

            Human rights is a great thing. But for once on
            this earth, they criticize non-islamic countries for
            those small things while they leave the big gap which
            is evident in Islamic countries. Most human right
            violations take place in Islamic countries than any
            other country in the world. I can tell you all, one
            thing for sure. In India we do not amputate people for
            their crime or stone women to death. We do not make
            state execution of criminals a public ceremony. Where
            are the human right activists when people are chopped
            of their hands or limbs??? WHERE ARE YOU...

            I hate you humanists, because you are not really
            humanists but politicians. You must be greatful to us
            that we let you in our country to freely investigate
            on human rights violatins and give freedom to press.

            Why not try that in one of the Islamic countries???

            To appreciate India, one needs to go and live in pakistan
            or bangladesh for a few months.

            - Rajesh

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Rajesh M
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 18, 2003
              You made a good point there Alamgir. But however,
              Japan and Singapore and south korea are a few steps
              away from destruction if attacked by a rouge nation
              like pakistan. They exist because of USA. Remember the
              big brother protecting those countries for their
              intrests.

              As an Indian, I feel very proud of myself, when my
              country-men are able to protect their own land.
              We have experiened slavery and that will not happen
              again. I know India today is simply envied by a lot of
              people for her power and might and economic strides.
              So be it.

              And Mr. Alamgir... You can talk the same thing about
              china, but the Islamic world does not seem to have a
              voice raised against china... The communists. They
              dont care about their people as much as we do??? You
              guys are scared of china, as chinese are the last
              source of arms suppliers for islamic countries.

              The problem with the whole world is, that you can give
              advices and suggestions to anyone and everyone. Sorry
              to use this language, but you will only realize "When
              your own a$$ is on fire"

              lastly, you have made a lot of arguments about India's
              defence, why dont you suggest pakistan to leave her
              nucs and spend money on economic propserity.

              Thanks, Rajesh

              --- "Dr. Alamgir Hussain"@... wrote:
              > [Rajesh: India cannot afford to not spend on
              > military as the author
              > talks about spending on other welfare activities. "A
              > country that is
              > strong militarily and politically can only build a
              > strong economy."]
              >
              > Alamgir: I believe I could have done better, being
              > an India-
              > outsider, by not responding to this thread. However,
              > Rajesh made a
              > comment of universal interest as cited above.
              > Rajesh's emphasizing
              > that only a militarily-strong nation can make
              > economical strides is
              > ill-studied and made blind-folded. If Mr Rajesh
              > opens his eyes, he
              > would easily see those economies that emerged strong
              > in Asia over
              > the last 50 years are Japan, South Korea, Singapore
              > etc. Japan and
              > South Korea are very weak in defense as compared to
              > India and even
              > Pakistan whilst Singapore can be wallopped any time
              > by a very
              > ordinary military power of neighbour Malaysia. I
              > think that suffices
              > here...
              >
              > Alamgir.

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • Abul Kasem
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 18, 2003
                Bangladesh is already on the way to be a Talibanistan. Just a couple of days
                ago the Jamaat-e-Islami Jihadists fought an armed battle with with
                Bangladesh Police. Unbelievable, isn't it? This is the first time that an
                organised militant Jihdists, armed to the teeth challenged the law enforcing
                authority of this country of 'moderate' Muslims. Khaleda's Government is
                keeping quiet, as if nothing had happened. Guess who is financing these
                soldiers of Allah?

                This organised terrorist attack on our police force is just the beginning.
                Please read the DS and Dr. Jaffor Ullahs essay on this.

                Abul Kasem

                >From: "K Chowdhury" Reply-To: mukto-mona@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: RE: [mukto-mona] Bangladeshis among the Terror Suspects!
                >Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:39:43 -0400
                >
                >Saudi is clearing a big mess actually created by them. For the last 30
                >some years Saudi was feeding innumerous Frankensteins and now,
                >masaallah, they have become a big Boomerang for them. I hope soon our BD
                >militants will create similar situation like Indonesia, insaallah. Only
                >then BD Govt. will awake up from their dream of moderate muslims-mania.
                >
                >KAC.

              • Abul Kasem
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 18, 2003
                  More on Aisha's affair with Safwan:

                  Aisha claimed that people used to say that Safwan ibn Muattal was impotent.
                  He never touched women. (Ibn Ishak, p498-499)

                  How was it possible for Aisha to learn about Safwan's impotency? How did
                  she know that Safwan was still a virgin? It is impossible for a woman to
                  know about a man's innermost secret unless she is intimately close to him (I
                  mean physically).

                  Sahih Bukhari writes, Ali proposed that Muhammad divorce Aisha? Why was he
                  so serious about this divorce unless the sacndal was really palpable. Ali
                  even beat severely, Aisha's maid to extract the truth. Of course, the
                  Islamic literatures are sanitized to hide the truth.

                  Aisha never forgot and forgave Ali. That was why she fought the the battle
                  of Jamal.

                  Abul Kasem

> [...]
                  >ne
                  >eds to protect him from the frigid cold and sand storms. It is
                  >inconceivable
                  >that Safwan would have spent the night by himself on account of a delay,
                  >the
                  >precise nature of which Aisha failed to mention in her statement.
                  >
                  >So, where was Safwan that night and why he showed up at the place where
                  >Aisha
                  >was lying a long time after the departure of the caravan? Most importantly,
                  >where was Muhammad, her husband, during the night? Did he stay in a
                  >separate
                  >tent and thus was unaware of his wife's movements and whereabouts?
                  >
                  >(f). "The Prophet and my parents heard the story, but they did not mention
                  >anything to me. However, I felt that the Prophet was not as kind to me
                  >during
                  >this illness of mine as he used to be."
                  >
                  >The entire army knew about the scandal; all the people of Medina heard it
                  >from the soldiers as well as from Muhammad's enemies; Muhammad and her
                  >parents
                  >were agonized by her alleged conduct, yet she claimed she did not learn
                  >about it
                  >despite living in a close proximity of those people.
                  >
                  >Can anyone believe her story? Did she try to hide a secret that she did not
                  >want people to know?
                  >
                  >(g). "Unlike other people, we, the Arabs, did not have toilets in our
                  >homes.
                  >To us, they were disgusting. What we used to do was to go out at night,
                  >somewhere outside Madinah where we would relieve ourselves. Women went only
                  >at
                  >night. One night I went out with Umm Mistah (Abu Bakr's cousin)."
                  >
                  >Does the above mean that for nineteen days and nights, Aisha did not go out
                  >to relieve herself? Or, did she go out all those nights without having the
                  >company of other women? Did not she feel scared going out in the pitched
                  >dark
                  >nights? What are we supposed to make out of her above statement?
                  >
                  >For answer my own question, I say Safwan and the necklace was one and the
                  >same thing (see R. V. C. Bodley, The Messenger, p. 125). As insisted by
                  >Hemna,
                  >the sister of Zainab whom Zaid divorced to enable Muhammad, his adoptive
                  >father,
                  >to take her to bed, Aisha had an illicit relationship with Safwan and their
                  >rendezvous was pre-planned. She was in Safwan's company for as long as it
                  >was
                  >possible for her. What the people said was true. Punishments inflicted on
                  >the
                  >so-called fabricators of the rumor were unjustified. Muhammad laid down the
                  >punishment, as mentioned in verse 24:11, to punish those people who took
                  >his
                  >wives to task for their indecent and immoral conduct.

                  ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. 30MB of storage on ninemsn Groups -
                  great for sharing photos and documents. Click here http://join.msn.com/
                • Ram Narayanan
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 18, 2003
                    Dear Friends:

                    This is shocking!

                    Isn't it time for the lawmakers and the administration to do something about the grave danger to our security?

                    Ram Narayanan

                    http://www.afpc.org/crm/crm507.shtml

                    China Reform Monitor No. 507, August 14, 2003
                    American Foreign Policy Council, Washington, D.C.

                    FBI: China has 3,000 espionage "front" companies in U.S.; U.S. permitting "smart bomb" technology sale to PRC

                    Editor: Al Santoli

                    August 8:

                    The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) said this week that China will be the greatest espionage threat to North America during the next 10 years to 15 years, reports Canada's Asian Pacific Post. FBI Director Robert Mueller told the United States Congress that China has more than 3,000 "front" companies in America coordinating direct espionage efforts. Some of the thousands of Chinese visitors, students and business people who visit the United States each year also have a government intelligence task to perform, authorities say. "Left unchecked, such a situation could greatly undermine U.S. national security and U.S. military and economic advantage [in the Pacific region]," Mueller told Congress.

                    In Canada, intelligence reports indicate the number of Chinese front companies to be between 300 and 500. But unlike America, Canada's China experts say the political climate in Ottawa is not conducive to cracking down on the threat. "Virtually all the recent prime ministers and Paul Martin - who is likely to be the next prime minister - have strong connections to China on personal, business and political fronts," said an intelligence analyst specializing in East Asian affairs. "They find it difficult to understand this threat... some just deny it," he said. For former Canadian Foreign Service officer Brian McAdam, this week's FBI warning reads like a passage out of a report he produced for the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS). McAdam worked on "Project Sidewinder" which was conducted by the CSIS and aided by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police between 1994 and 1996. That study mirrors this week's FBI assertions that China poses the most significant threat to North America.

                    August 12:

                    Citing national-security concerns, two Democratic lawmakers are trying to stop the transfer of materials from an Indiana factory that produces critical technology used in the guidance systems of U.S. "smart bombs" to the People's Republic of China, reports WorldNetDaily.com. The Magnequench factory (originally known as UGIMAG) was sold in August 2000 to a consortium that included Chinese interests. The factory is responsible for producing 80 percent of the rare-earth permanent magnets used in the guidance systems of U.S. smart bombs, according to lawmakers. On Aug. 1, the office of Rep. Pete Visclosky (D-Ind.), issued a statement indicating that he and Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) were mounting a "last-ditch" effort to halt the "transfer of sensitive defense technology to the People's Republic of China."

                    August 13:

                    A new Pentagon report states that China has improved its missile force with U.S technology, reports Charles Smith in Newsmax.com. The improvements enable Chinese missiles to now accurately strike the U.S. military base at Okinawa with "satellite-aided guidance" navigation technology obtained from America. The Chinese army (PLA) developed a new version of its DF-15 missile - also known as the CSS-6 - guided by advanced satellite navigation systems.

                    According to the Pentagon report, China is well on its way toward deploying an estimated 1,000 advanced ballistic missiles by the end of the decade. The People's Liberation Army has over 450 missiles pointed at Taiwan and is currently adding new missiles at a rate of over 75 a year. Defense intelligence sources expect China to increase the rate of missile production to 100 a year by 2005. The Pentagon noted that the ballistic missile trend poses "a growing and significant challenge" to the U.S., Taiwan and other Pacific allies.

                    "These missile attacks most likely would be high-volume, precision strikes against priority military and political targets, including air defense facilities, airfields, Taiwan's C2 infrastructure, and naval facilities," notes the Pentagon report. "Exclusive Taiwan reliance on active missile defenses and associated BM/C3I, however, will not sufficiently offset the overwhelming advantage in offensive missiles which Beijing is projected to possess in 2005," warns the Pentagon.

                  • Syed Kamran Mirza
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 18, 2003
                      New Page 1

                      My House is mine; Your House is mine too!

                      Syed Kamran Mirza

                      Syed_mirza@...

                      In Islam one thing is very puzzling indeed! Islam loves to own anything and everything that is good in this world. And desperately wants to disown anything and everything that is bad or unethical. Islamists very often claims that, they acknowledge many things in USA which are Islamic. Some of them even go one step further and say: "America is more Islamic then many Muslim countries". When asked how come? They will cite some good things among the peoples and in the American administration. As if, anything good is the product of Islam. In such situation?Islamists always try to use their universal Islamic formula: "MY HOUSE IS MINE; YOUR HOUSE IS MINE TOO!" Of course, nobody will ever say how, where, when and what good things did happen in which Islamic kingdom? They do not have any example for their erroneous claims, but they will claim them anyway!

                      They will claim that?Allah only like the religion Islam, and all the world?s Prophets were Muslims, and Islamists usually do respect all the Prophets. But the Islamists in general do not respect the followers of the any Prophets. To them only the followers of Prophet Muhammad (Muslims) are the good human beings. Muslims will not respect/like the Christians?the followers of Prophet Jesus; will not respect or like the Jews?the followers of Prophet Moses (in fact Muslims hate Jews up to their bones) ; will not like the Hindus?the followers of Ram. But Muslims will respect all those above prophets.

                      In the Holy Land of Canaan, the present land occupied by Israelis and Palestinians, gave birth many prophets and many Kings. King David and his son king Solomon was simply the king of Jews, and according to Jews and Christians they were never a Prophet. Surprisingly, Islam calls them Prophets of Islam. Readers obviously heard the names of Nabi Sulaiman and Nabi Doud from the mouth of Bangladeshi Maulanas. These two Jewish Kings become the center of most superstitious stories in Islam. Quran told many miraculous stories about these two so called Prophets. Especially, prophet Sulaiman (actually King Solomon) was the most magician prophet of Islam. This so called prophet of Islam (popularly known as Sulman Poikumbar) was able to talk with all the animals and also understand the languages of all animals (as per Quran) including the Ant. Truth of the matter is these were Jewish kings, not even Muslim kings, and was never a Prophet. According to Bible (Jews and Christians), King Solomon was known as "the wise king" by virtue of his extra-ordinary intelligentsia. How then they become Muslim and prophet that is a total mystery. Muslims perhaps used the universal Islamic formula of "my house is mine and your house is mine too".

                      In the US, one day (several years back) I had a conversation with a Mullah who was vehemently and very bitterly criticizing western culture especially American cultures etc. He was very much worried about the contamination of his own and other generation of Muslim origin by the western nasty cultures. When I said, we are the immigrant guests to this country and we must learn to adjust with their culture rather than criticizing, or we better leave this country and settled in our own native land. He immediately jumps on me by saying: "This earth was created by Allah and this America also belonged to Allah. Muslims are the true followers (soldiers) of Allah, hence they are the true and legitimate owner of this earth. Therefore, this America also belonged to Muslims." Here also the formula is: "My house is mine and your house also mine!" Here my Mullah friend probably exercised the Quranic formula of dividing this planet of Allah into two: Darul Islam (house of Islam) and Darul Harb (house of infidels). That is according to him America is the "Darul Hurb" which should be converted to Darul Islam by the immigrant Muslims, i.e, all Muslilms must fight to covert America (Darul Harb) into Darul Islam by the same formula I am talking about.

                      Makka/Mecca

                      : In the ancient city of Mecca or Bacca, Ka?aba the square house was an important shrine long before the Prophet Muhammad. It contained many images of Gods and goddesses from the Arabian pantheon. Meccan Pagan arabs had enshrined a number of idols," the daughters of Allah" within it. In the prehistoric times, a four-month truce was called each year between the warring tribes of Arabia, and people from the different tribes and towns would visit the shrine and circle round the square 7 times, running between Shafa and Marwa, stoning the devil, kissing black heavenly stone etc. Prophet Mulhammad occupied the Ka?aba and removed all the idols and made it the Islam?s holiest shrine. Today it is the most sacred duty of all Muslims to do the seven circumambulating of the Ka?aba and kissing of the black stone, stoning the Shaitan, running between the Safa and Marwa etc. That is, Muslims do the exact same rituals, which were practiced by the Pagans for many centuries before the arrival of Islam. Again Islam made the other people?s house to their own sacred house by the same old Islamic formula.

                      Allah:

                      Do you know who the Allah was? Allah was actually the chief of the 360 gods in the Kaaba. Allah was the name of a god whom the Arabs worshipped many centuries before Prophet Muhammad was born. Among the pagan Arabs this term "Allah" denoted the chief god of their pantheon, the Kaaba, with its three hundred and sixty idols. The word Allah was derived from al-ilah. Allah was already being worshipped at the Ka?ba in Mecca by Arab pagans before Mohammed came. "Islam also owes the term "Allah" to the heathen Arabs.

                      Prophet Muhammad made the Arab pagans to believe that the same Allah (They worship) was talking with him in the Cave of Hira Mountain. He asked them to worship only the Allah (the one God) and discard the remaining gods in the Ka?ab. Thus Islam owned the Allah of Heathen Arabs as their own deity by the same Islamic formula: "My house is mine and your house is also mine."

                      Jerusalem: This ancient city was built by Jebusites a Canaan tribe (not Arab or Jews). Later this city was developed by the famous Jewish King David. This city was and still is extremely holy to the Jews and Christians. Islam never can claim of building this city by them. In the 7th century Caliph Omar occupied this city in the process of the expansion of Islamic-Arab dynasty. After that Muslim built the Al-Aqsa Mosque and declared Jerusalem also the sacred city of Islam. So this is also "my house" by the same old Islamic formula.

                      Qur?an:

                      Holy Quran was created mostly by copying from Old Testament. Many verses can be traced back the origin from the Old Testament. Many Arab heretic-folklore stories and myths were incorporated in Koran. Many verses also can be traced back their origin from the book of Zoroastrian. When asked how those stories of Bible and Zoroastrian book came in the Quran, the common answers are?"no, no Islam did not copy from others. Actually, Bible, book of Zoroastrian also came from the same Allah. Only thing is, Jews, Christians and others had distorted the original scriptures sent to them by Allah, hence Allah has sent them again (as fresh) to Prophet Muhammad which is the Quran. Therefore, Quran is the only authentic holy book and all other holy books are distorted and should be discarded." Thus Islam made the Quran the final book from Allah by synthesizing it from the various existing holy books and by incorporating all those folklore stories and Arabian myths. Here also Islam made the other people?s holy book as their own holy book by the same Islamic formula.

                      Science:

                      Islam strictly forbids freethinking. Therefore Science is totally anti-Islam, as science is incompatible to any other religions. There is a very interesting popular tactics in Islam. Whenever, any freethinking human of Muslim origin achieved something good about science which has been recognized internationally, then immediately Islamist will start beating the drum of Islamic success in science. They will claim it as the direct credit of Islam. Readers are aware that during the period of Abbasid dynasty (by virtue of the freethinking tendency of those Abbasid free minded Muslim kings) some Muslim born freethinkers were very much successful in preserving and also synthesizing the ancient scientific achievements by Greek, Egyptian, Indian, Chinese etc.

                      Another interesting point is most of those renowned Muslim scientists were non-Arab. Such as: Al-Khwarizmi (Uzbekistan); Al-Razi (Tehran); Al-Ghazzali (Khorman, Iran); Al-Tabari (Tabristan); Al-Farabi (Turkistan); Al-Biruni (Khwarizm, Uzbekistan); Ibn Sina (Bukhara, Central Asia); Ibn Rushd (Cordoba, Spain) and so on. All those scientists/philosophers happened to be sons of Muslim. None of them were a Mullah or Maolana, and none of them ever claimed that they got scientific theory by reading Qur?an or gobbling the Hadiths. Then, why do all those Islamists bring religion in the field of science? Even then, Islamists quickly owned them and very often beat the drum of Islamic scientific progress. Of course, they apply the universal Islamic formula I mentioned before.

                      Poetry, Songs and music

                      : Poetry, songs and music are strictly forbidden by Islam. There are dreadful divine punishments for those who practice it. But whenever somebody make poetry, songs or music to praise Allah, Prophets and Islamic principles then it is a rewarding work in Islam. Immediately Islamists will own those poet or singers as the product of Islam. Apologetic Islamists often will claim that poets like Omar Khayyam, Jalal Al Din Rumi, Al Mari etc. were Muslim poets. Fact is these were secular Muslim born poets who got even the title of Murtad by fundamentalist mullahs. Yet Islamists would like to claim those famous Muslim born poets the product of Islam. Again by the same old Islamic formula: My house is mine and your house also mine (when it is good).

                      Who is Muslims and what is Islam:

                      Islamists will agree with you that?Islam is the religion started by Prophet Muhammad.

                      That is, Islam was the religion brought by Prophet Muhammad when the darkness of the Arabia (Aiyame-Jahelia) was prevailing in the world. That means?Islam is the religion of Prophet Muhammad. And nobody can be called a Muslim unless somebody recites the Kolema Toiyob (conversion formula of Islam) : "There is none worthy of worship but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God". Fact of the matter is, unless one admits or agrees with this above Kolema, he can not be called a Muslim, Period.

                      On the contrary, Islamists will also claim that?starting from Adam and every prophet after him was Muslims. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Lut, Ishmael, Isaac, Yakub, Moses, Daud (King david), Suleyman (King Solomon) Jesus etc. were all Muslims and followers of Islam?the religion of Allah.

                      Now the great puzzle is, how in the world they can call all those past Prophets (Adam to Jesus) a Muslim? Were they read the "Kolema Toiyob" the famous Islamic conversion formula? Were they (Adam, Noah, Lut etc.) prayed five times a day facing Mecca?

                      These are, of course, 64 Million dollars questions! Moses, Jesus or any other previous prophets never uttered this above mentioned Kolema (formula), neither they prayed five times facing ka?aba. Hence they can never be called Muslims by any means. But Islamists will claim those Prophets Muslims any way, because they go by the formula?My house is mine and your house is also mine!

                      Some After thought

                      :

                      Islam is the religion, which pretends to claim all the goodies of this planet as their own. Muslims want to put all the good things into the pocket of Islam by any means. They consider Islam is the best religion, Islam is the religion of God and Muslims are the best human beings, even though world know Muslims today as the terrorists. Osama?s al- Qaeda took the vow to convert entire "Darul harb" into Allah?s pasand "Darul Islam". Islam is not only the greatest threat to the world?s civilization, but very soon whole world will realize that Islam is the biggest hoax of mankind.

                      Now let me conclude this essay by singing the most famous folk?s song of Bangladesh:

                      "porer zaiga porer zami, ghar baniya ami roi, amito shei ghorer malik noi" (I make my own house in a place that does not belong to me.)