Re: [mt-dev] Re: Plugin Data Storage

  • Benjamin Trott

      Hi,

      We will be adding MT::PluginData to the main distribution in MT 2.6.
      Hopefully this'll help in the many ways already discussed in this
      thread. The data will be stored in whatever storage system the rest of
      MT is using--Berkeley DB, MySQL, etc. The implementation is pretty much
      just like the one that David Raynes posted, but just using Storable for
      serialization, rather than Data::Serializer (I think more people will
      have Storable than Data::Serializer).

      Here's PluginData.pm:

      http://www.movabletype.org/downloads/PluginData.pm

      And here's the MySQL table schema:

      create table mt_plugindata (
      plugindata_id integer not null auto_increment primary key,
      plugindata_plugin varchar(50) not null,
      plugindata_key varchar(255) not null,
      plugindata_data mediumtext,
      index (plugindata_plugin),
      index (plugindata_key)
      );

      The PostgreSQL and SQLite schemas are pretty similar to that.

      Let us know any suggestions or comments you have.

      bye,
      Ben
    • tappnel <app@mplode.com>
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 30, 2003
        Ben: Any chance full XML encoding and decoding (numeric entity etc.)
        will be added to this next release? <tim/>