Cannot validate using msv.jar

  • whatcanbedun
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2004
      When I try to validate it gives me the following error:

      org/xml/sax/SAXException

      I get this message whether I give the instruction:
      java -jar [path]\msv.jar alone
      or whether I type in the xsd and the xml paths and files.

      I'm running java version 1.3.1_01

      A little help would be appreciated.

      Thanx
    • Kohsuke Kawaguchi
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2004
        whatcanbedun wrote:

        > When I try to validate it gives me the following error:

        > org/xml/sax/SAXException
        >
        > I get this message whether I give the instruction:
        > java -jar [path]\msv.jar alone
        > or whether I type in the xsd and the xml paths and files.
        >
        > I'm running java version 1.3.1_01
        >
        > A little help would be appreciated.

        If you download the new jars from http://msv.dev.java.net/ that problem
        should be fixed.

        Also, you can install a JAXP implementation into $JAVA_HOME/lib/endorsed
        and that should also fix the problem.

        Furthermore, you can upgrade to JDK 1.4 or later, and that will also fix
        the problem.

        --
        Kohsuke Kawaguchi
        Sun Microsystems kohsuke.kawaguchi@...