Can't handle XML document with DTD included?

  • freemant2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm using msv 1.2 to validate a simple s.xml file (copy from
      the XML RFC):

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
      <!DOCTYPE greeting [
      <!ELEMENT greeting (#PCDATA)>
      ]>
      <greeting>Hello, world!</greeting>

      The command line is "java -jar msv.jar s.xml". The error is:

      start parsing a grammar.
      element "greeting" is not allowed here
      5:11@file:///c:/packages/msv-20030225/s.xml
      failed to load a grammar.

      Thanks in advance for any help!
    • Kohsuke Kawaguchi
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2004
        MSV needs you to specify a schema *and* a document by using two
        arguments.

        So I guess you either need to make your DTD external, or use more modern
        schema language.

        regards,
        --
        Kohsuke Kawaguchi