new java crash problems

  • Danny Vint
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      I'm trying to validate the latest version of my schema with MSV and I get
      the following Java crash:

      D:\_ACORDstuff\TestStreams\Schema>c:\dev\j2sdk1.4.0_01\bin\java -Xmx512MB
      -Xms12
      5MB -jar C:\xml\msv\msv-20020414-patched\msv.jar -strict -warning
      acord-pc-nodoc
      -codes-target.xsd
      start parsing a grammar.
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError
      at java.util.Stack.push(Stack.java:44)
      at com.sun.msv.reader.RunAwayExpressionChecker.enter(Unknown Source)
      at com.sun.msv.reader.RunAwayExpressionChecker.binaryVisit(Unknown
      Source)
      at com.sun.msv.reader.RunAwayExpressionChecker.onSequence(Unknown
      Source)
      at com.sun.msv.grammar.SequenceExp.visit(Unknown Source)
      at com.sun.msv.reader.RunAwayExpressionChecker.binaryVisit(Unknown
      Source)
      at com.sun.msv.reader.RunAwayExpressionChecker.onSequence(Unknown
      Source)

      and this last stuff keeps repeating.

      I'm just trying to validate the schema with no document instance with the
      above result. You can also see from the command line that I have allocated
      extra memory for Java to run in but this seems to do no good.

      I've attached the schema with the problem.

      ..dan
    • Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2002
        I don't remember it was you or somebody else, but a similar problem was
        reported and I made a fix.

        If it wasn't you, are you interested in trying a private build with this
        fix?

        regards,
        --
        Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI