Rhumba and State Swing Society Workshop!

  • msuballroomclub
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2005
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      State Swing Society Lindy Hop Workshop
      We Need Your Help!
      As Seen on TV
      When, Where & What?
      How Much?
      Our Shoe Policy
      For More Info: http://www.msu.edu/~ballroom ballroom@...
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      Hello Dancers!

      Come join us this Sunday for our first lesson in Rhumba. Rhumba
      originated in Cuba as a fast and fiery dance, which is some what
      different from the slow and sensual dance we see today. This
      Ballroom Rhumba is known for its slow, sensual movements, a romantic
      feel and its languorous beats. We hope you will come out and join us
      as John and Judy Tomlian begin to lead us through this amazing dance.

      Just a reminder to all our dancers, we hold open dance after the
      lesson from 3pm to 4pm, which is an excellent opportunity to
      practice your newly acquired dance skills.

      STATE SWING SOCIETY LINDY HOP WORKSHOP!

      This Saturday from noon to 4pm in The Pub in Gilchrist Hall, the
      State Swing Society will have a workshop in beginners Lindy Hop. The
      cost is $15 members and $20 non-members, and will be a wonderful way
      for those interested in Lindy to learn more about the dance. No
      special shoes, partners, or experience is required, so be sure to
      stop on by!

      WE NEED YOUR HELP!

      Sadly, this Club does not reserve Dem Hall, schedule instructors,
      set-up and clean-up every week, maintain the website, record
      attendance, handle the finances, check the e-mail, send the
      newsletter, and plan and coordinate our annual In The Mood Dance all
      by itself. We need your help, as either a volunteer, or someone with
      the fancy title and commitment of "executive". We really appreciate
      all the help that people have given to setting up and cleaning up
      Dem Hall every week. If you would like to help out more and keep the
      Club going, please e-mail ballroom@... or speak to one of our
      current executives.

      AS SEEN ON TV

      We still have MSU Ballroom Dance Club T-shirts available for $10
      each. We have both men's and women's cuts in a variety of sizes.
      What better way to dress yourself this summer than in your very own
      MSU BDC T-shirt!

      WHEN, WHERE & WHAT?

      Sundays:
      12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Progressive Lesson (6 weeks each)
      2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Regular Lesson (2 weeks each, come any time!)
      3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Open Dancing (anything's game!)

      We meet in the Demonstration Hall Ballroom (map coordinates D-9:
      http://www.msu.edu/dig/msumap/centertop.html ). Just look for the
      wooden accessibility ramp on the north side of the building.

      We will continue through the semester! Check out our website for
      more information, including our schedule:
      http://www.msu.edu/~ballroom

      HOW MUCH?

      Regular Lessons:
      $3 per lesson, or
      $25 for the whole semester (Semester Membership)
      (There are 12 weeks planned for the semester, 12 x $3 = $36, so if
      you buy a Semester Membership it really can be a deal. PLUS, you get
      a discount for the Progressive Lessons and Workshops)

      OUR SHOE POLICY

      Only shoes that will not mark up the floor (such as those with
      smooth suede or leather soles) and that have not been worn outside
      may be used on the ballroom floor. Also, please keep your outside
      shoes off the dance floor because dirt, water, mud and dance shoes
      do *not* mix.

      FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.msu.edu/~ballroom ballroom@...

      Check out our schedule for the Fall Semester (soon to come!).
      Find out about "Ongoing" events: times and places to dance every
      week in the area.
      Learn more about "Other Events": the special, non-regular, events
      that are coming up.

      See you on the dance floor!
      (And Thank You for reading all the way to the end.)

      Erika Konkel
      President,
      MSU Ballroom Dance Club