Re: Subs or Dubs?

  • Rolicia
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
      we were already planning on having food
    • rufus_tnm
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
        subs all the way...except when i just don't feel like reading. most of
        the time subbed is my preference. the funny thing about subbed, though
        is that the translations are sometimes too literal and/or verbose.
        you'll notice that if you watch a part subbed then watch again dubbed.
        you'll definitely notice a difference. subbed is still better, i just
        wish they'd learn to paraphrase. nobody feels like reading paragraphs.
        it takes away from the experience a little. my biggest complaint with
        dubbed is that even if the dialogue isn't butchered, the voices are
        almost always so very inappropriate. it's like nails on a chalkboard.
        *shiver*
      • William A Jackson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
          that is true, most anime gets translated and in translation alot of
          content or concept gets lost or toned down, so, it would most likely
          be better to get sub-titled anime

          --- In msu_anime_unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Rolicia"
          <caramelfreak03@y...> wrote:
          > i was thinking subs cuz with dubs, you don't get the full experience
          of
          > the anime (usually cuz it's butchered to hell)
        • rufus_tnm
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
            ok, but he also brought up the issue of funding. i have that sponsors
            list but i'm not exactly in a position during break to use it. and as
            you know i did watch darren write to/call a couple of them, but they
            never got back to us. there's still the lollipops thing i guess. we
            just need someone to head that particular endeavor...
          • Rolicia
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
              i'm working with Dr. Brunson on that. we're also planning to ask for a
              budget from SGA