Re: Subs or Dubs?

  • Rolicia
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
      i was thinking subs cuz with dubs, you don't get the full experience of
      the anime (usually cuz it's butchered to hell)
    • Rolicia
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
        we were already planning on having food
      • rufus_tnm
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
          subs all the way...except when i just don't feel like reading. most of
          the time subbed is my preference. the funny thing about subbed, though
          is that the translations are sometimes too literal and/or verbose.
          you'll notice that if you watch a part subbed then watch again dubbed.
          you'll definitely notice a difference. subbed is still better, i just
          wish they'd learn to paraphrase. nobody feels like reading paragraphs.
          it takes away from the experience a little. my biggest complaint with
          dubbed is that even if the dialogue isn't butchered, the voices are
          almost always so very inappropriate. it's like nails on a chalkboard.
          *shiver*
        • William A Jackson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
            that is true, most anime gets translated and in translation alot of
            content or concept gets lost or toned down, so, it would most likely
            be better to get sub-titled anime

            --- In msu_anime_unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Rolicia"
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
              ok, but he also brought up the issue of funding. i have that sponsors
              list but i'm not exactly in a position during break to use it. and as
              you know i did watch darren write to/call a couple of them, but they
              never got back to us. there's still the lollipops thing i guess. we
              just need someone to head that particular endeavor...
            • Rolicia
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
                i'm working with Dr. Brunson on that. we're also planning to ask for a
                budget from SGA