Re: Subs or Dubs?

  • William A Jackson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
      if we got food too that would be incintive enouhg for people to come
      to the veiwing. it would be cool if we could get like fundraising
      for food, with like the video game tournies that will be lined
      up....just an idea

      --- In msu_anime_unlimited@yahoogroups.com, CATRINA SALLY
      <SALLYKUS@Y...> wrote:
      > i LOVE SUBS AND CHIPS/
      > -that is all
      >
      > --- franshay_barnett_aep <StoneAlone4@a...> wrote:
      >
      > > All I want to know is if we will be watching most
      > > anime with subtitles
      > > or dubbed over in english.
      > >
      > > I personally don't like dubs, but I know a lot of
      > > non-Japanese speaking
      > > people don't want to have to read either...so what's
      > > up?

      > Yahoo! Sports
    • Rolicia
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
        i was thinking subs cuz with dubs, you don't get the full experience of
        the anime (usually cuz it's butchered to hell)
      • Rolicia
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
          we were already planning on having food
        • rufus_tnm
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
            subs all the way...except when i just don't feel like reading. most of
            the time subbed is my preference. the funny thing about subbed, though
            is that the translations are sometimes too literal and/or verbose.
            you'll notice that if you watch a part subbed then watch again dubbed.
            you'll definitely notice a difference. subbed is still better, i just
            wish they'd learn to paraphrase. nobody feels like reading paragraphs.
            it takes away from the experience a little. my biggest complaint with
            dubbed is that even if the dialogue isn't butchered, the voices are
            almost always so very inappropriate. it's like nails on a chalkboard.
            *shiver*
          • William A Jackson
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
              that is true, most anime gets translated and in translation alot of
              content or concept gets lost or toned down, so, it would most likely
              be better to get sub-titled anime

              --- In msu_anime_unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Rolicia"
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
                ok, but he also brought up the issue of funding. i have that sponsors
                list but i'm not exactly in a position during break to use it. and as
                you know i did watch darren write to/call a couple of them, but they
                never got back to us. there's still the lollipops thing i guess. we
                just need someone to head that particular endeavor...
              • Rolicia
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
                  i'm working with Dr. Brunson on that. we're also planning to ask for a
                  budget from SGA