Disappointed...

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2005
      Wow, I'm so amazed that only three members of this club showed up for
      the anime screening last Friday. Guys, this club is for you! We had a
      better turnout at the manga book club meeting! That's a sad, sad
      thing. Our next screening is the 30th. I expect that more people will
      show. The deadline for dues has also been extended to the 30th. Look
      at the main message on this page and you will see the schedule as it
      stands for the rest of the month. We have some other plans in the
      works, so be on the lookout.
    • Lightgokou53104@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2005
        ok i dont know who this reply goes to but what i do know is that me personally had to work that night and every friday so i cant make it to those or most other night events. Secondly most of the members of your anime club are people that stay off campus i would say about half of your people correct me if im wrong. And about half of that half doesnt drive so that means roughly a quarter of your members would actually be able to attend so that is about 15-20 people that would and could come given the circumstances. Now some of those people that live on campus have jobs that makes you lose 6-8 people maybe less because the average anime person is lazy. That brings up my next point. The rest of the anime people are more comfortable watching anime with a few of their close friends than with a large group of people they just met. So that means that people would actually want to go there even less. I know my theory sounds very pessimistic and abrasive but i mean no harm. If you would hear me out and take my words into consideration then maybe you can have a better turnout for the next meeting than three people. Maybe i can help you come up with some solutions to the problem.

        Wow, I'm so amazed that only three members of this club showed up for
        the anime screening last Friday. Guys, this club is for you! We had a
        better turnout at the manga book club meeting! That's a sad, sad
        thing. Our next screening is the 30th. I expect that more people will
        show. The deadline for dues has also been extended to the 30th. Look
        at the main message on this page and you will see the schedule as it
        stands for the rest of the month. We have some other plans in the
        works, so be on the lookout.

        <FONT COLOR="#000099">Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make
        Yahoo! your home page
        </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/cGIolB/TM"><B>Click
        Here!</B></A>

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2005
          Ok, I understand all of that. Email me with some names of people who
          are complaining. So far, you are the only person I've heard from. And
          we are trying to make accomodations for next semester. We are thinking
          about moving the time up to 6pm. What I need for the members to do is
          tell me what a good day is to have the anime screenings, seeing how
          that is the main part of the club. Actually, I guess that means it's
          time for another poll. :) Don't you just love polls? :D With respect
          to the comfort issue, I don't see that as being a big problem. Once
          everyone gets there, you all are gonna sit with people you know, I'm
          sure. And when the lights go out, who is paying attention to the
          people around them? Maybe a few, but the rest will be focused on
          what's on the TV screen. Please don't take offense to anything that
          I've said. I actually appreciate the fact that you have commented on
          concerns that you have, and that means that you care about the club.
          Thanx!