Re: Manga You Should Read

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2006
      Hmmm....I might check that out. And another good idea, by the way. :)
    • brbro4
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10 12:31 AM
        Hello everyone, it's brian again with another manga recommendation. I
        try to post one every week, but I never got around to it last week cuz
        I was so busy. Anyway, let's get started! This week's recommendation
        is Batlle Angel Alita (GUMMN). Here's the synopsis:The people and
        cyborgs of the Scrap Yard live beneath the flying city of Tiphares,
        whose inhabitants dump their junk in the Scrap Yard and rules above
        it's inhabitants. One day doc Ido, a former Tipharean citizen, finds
        the intact head of young cyborg-girl in a vast pile of scrap. He takes
        her in and gives her a body and the name Alita. Alita then discovers
        since long forgotten fighting techniques hidden in her body and
        decides to become a hunter-warrior like Ido.
        This is a really good action manga with a good story and great art
        work. It's also easy to read so it won't take long to finish. Check it
        out. Peace!
      • brbro4
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29 11:25 AM
          Wassup everyone?! It's me Brian, here again with another
          recommendation. This week's manga is BLAME!(yes, the excalmation
          point is part of the title). This manga is crazy. First of all it
          has the least amount of dialogue I have every seen in a manga.
          Sometimes it goes pages without any words at all. Also, the story
          unclear. Since there's no talking there's nothing telling you what's
          going on and why. All you really know is that this guy Killy is
          looking for these things called Net Terminal Genes and blows up
          whatever gets in his way with this powerful gun he has. Actually,
          the story doesn't really begin to come in until the second volume.
          So why would I bother recommending this manga? Well for one thing,
          BLAME! has great artwork. The characters, the massive structures
          Killy explores, all of it is very impressive. Also, I'm intrested in
          seeing where the story goes since we know so little about the world
          Killy lives in, his mission, and Killy himself. I'm only up to vol.
          2 (I have vol. 3 but I haven't read it yet) so there's not too much
          more for me to tell you, but as always, you can borrow one of my
          copies if you want to check it out. Peace.

          There's more info here:
          http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=3258