Re: Subs or Dubs?

  • rufus_tnm
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
      subs all the way...except when i just don't feel like reading. most of
      the time subbed is my preference. the funny thing about subbed, though
      is that the translations are sometimes too literal and/or verbose.
      you'll notice that if you watch a part subbed then watch again dubbed.
      you'll definitely notice a difference. subbed is still better, i just
      wish they'd learn to paraphrase. nobody feels like reading paragraphs.
      it takes away from the experience a little. my biggest complaint with
      dubbed is that even if the dialogue isn't butchered, the voices are
      almost always so very inappropriate. it's like nails on a chalkboard.
      *shiver*
    • William A Jackson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
        that is true, most anime gets translated and in translation alot of
        content or concept gets lost or toned down, so, it would most likely
        be better to get sub-titled anime

        --- In msu_anime_unlimited@yahoogroups.com, "Rolicia"
        <caramelfreak03@y...> wrote:
        > i was thinking subs cuz with dubs, you don't get the full experience
        of
        > the anime (usually cuz it's butchered to hell)
      • rufus_tnm
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
          ok, but he also brought up the issue of funding. i have that sponsors
          list but i'm not exactly in a position during break to use it. and as
          you know i did watch darren write to/call a couple of them, but they
          never got back to us. there's still the lollipops thing i guess. we
          just need someone to head that particular endeavor...
        • Rolicia
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28, 2005
            i'm working with Dr. Brunson on that. we're also planning to ask for a
            budget from SGA