Another Hot and Humid August 1

  • Randal Nicholas
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
      Gee, those East End fellows who met a year ago today did so in the summer's
      sun, heat, humidity, and sweat. A day-long adventure took us to sights
      unseen by many, along with many, many good stories and year long running
      jokes. Sad to note that the remnants of the Louie that we observed a year
      ago are soon to be dismantled and removed from the earth - but not our
      memories. A geep once proudly standing on the ROW is now leaning heavily to
      the side, thanks to the river's wrath. A list of real estate agents keep
      Al's telephone busy as they try to sell him retirement properties in the
      silo form. A hot and humid August 1 which ended with a jovial dinner of
      middle aged sweaty guys taking over a restaurant in Peoria, and the sad news
      of a bridge collapse in Minnesota.

      In honor of last year's trek, I plan to stay inside the air-conditioning,
      and leaf through the pages of photos and files on the M&StL web site. The
      steak I plan for supper tonight will be purchased on Al Muir's credit
      card....

      Hope to see you guys again, when it's less hot and humid!

      Randy
    • Douglas Harding
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
        Randy any chance you could share Al's credit card with a few select others who attended that day? My wife brought up the very same
        event last night, as we celebrated my birthday, her comment being something about last year on this date .....

        Been spreading the word .... About the M&StL, with brethren in the Netherlands and Arizona this morning.

        Doug Harding
        www.iowacentralrr.org