ODBC driver

  • Jan Pedro Tumusok
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 13, 1997
      Does a ODBC driver that works with the 2.0 version exist, I found a driver
      from 1995 and all it managed to do was crash Delphi 3.0 :(

      Any help would be appreciated. Especially if it tells me how to connect to
      the msql server from Win95 with Delphi or just from win95

      Med vennlig hilsen / Best Regards,
      Jan Pedro Tumusok / Sigma Systems as
      Brugaten 1, N-0186 Oslo, Norway
      Tel +47 22171111 Fax +47 22171110
    • Senol DOYRANLI
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 8, 1998
        Hi all,

        please tell me
        where I can find ODBC driver (msql) for Windows(16 or 32 bit) ?

        thanks...

        Best Regards.

        Senol.
      • Valerie Zuver
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 1999
          Where might we obtain an ODBC driver for mSQL?

          We'd like to run an NT-based program to access the mSQL data on Linux
          using ODBC.

          Thanks,
          Val
        • Fernando Lozano
          Message 4 of 8 , May 6, 1999
            Hi, Valerie!

            > Where might we obtain an ODBC driver for mSQL?
            >
            > We'd like to run an NT-based program to access the mSQL data on Linux
            > using ODBC.

            Today there's no Windows ODBC for mSQL.

            []s, Fernando Lozano
          • Georg Horn
            Message 5 of 8 , May 6, 1999
              Hi,

              Fernando wrote:
              > Hi, Valerie!
              >

              > > Where might we obtain an ODBC driver for mSQL?
              > >
              > > We'd like to run an NT-based program to access the mSQL data on Linux
              > > using ODBC.
              >

              > Today there's no Windows ODBC for mSQL.

              Has anyone ever seen http://genix.net/unixODBC/index.html ?
              They say they have an odbc driver for mSQL. It's only for Unix, i think,
              but maybe some of our wizzards from the msql PC page can port it to Windows?

              Bye,
              Georg
            • Fernando Lozano
              Message 6 of 8 , May 6, 1999
                Hi, Georg!

                > > Today there's no Windows ODBC for mSQL.
                >
                > Has anyone ever seen http://genix.net/unixODBC/index.html ?
                > They say they have an odbc driver for mSQL. It's only for Unix, i think,
                > but maybe some of our wizzards from the msql PC page can port it to Windows?

                This driver was made by Dirk Ohme, the first mSQL porter for OS/2 and
                Windows. His ODBC driver worked on Unix and OS/2, but it is unmantained
                for more than a year.

                Brian Jepson took this work, and was working alongside Hughes. Many
                times they said it was "about to be released", but I don't know how
                stable is Hughes/Brian derivatives from Dirk's work. Joshua was also
                evaluating with Bambi the Windows ODBC driver, but I don't know if
                Joshua made any progress by himself.

                []s, Fernando Lozano
              • Brian Jepson
                Message 7 of 8 , May 6, 1999
                  On Thu, 6 May 1999, Fernando Lozano wrote:

                  > Hi, Georg!
                  >

                  > > > Today there's no Windows ODBC for mSQL.
                  > >
                  > > Has anyone ever seen http://genix.net/unixODBC/index.html ?
                  > > They say they have an odbc driver for mSQL. It's only for Unix, i think,
                  > > but maybe some of our wizzards from the msql PC page can port it to Windows?
                  >

                  > This driver was made by Dirk Ohme, the first mSQL porter for OS/2 and
                  > Windows. His ODBC driver worked on Unix and OS/2, but it is unmantained
                  > for more than a year.
                  >
                  > Brian Jepson took this work, and was working alongside Hughes. Many
                  > times they said it was "about to be released", but I don't know how
                  > stable is Hughes/Brian derivatives from Dirk's work.
                  [...]

                  I don't think any derivatives of Dirk's work were made. I haven't worked
                  on developing any ODBC driver for Mini SQL, though. I was involved with
                  testing some pre-alpha releases of an ODBC driver for Mini SQL, but this
                  was a long time ago, and I was never given access to the source.

                  > Joshua was also
                  > evaluating with Bambi the Windows ODBC driver, but I don't know if
                  > Joshua made any progress by himself.

                  I think this work might be derived from the same driver that I tested, but
                  I don't know for sure.

                  Brian Jepson * (bjepson@...) * http://users.ids.net/~bjepson
                • David J. Hughes
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 6, 1999
                    On Wed, 5 May 1999, Valerie Zuver wrote:

                    > Where might we obtain an ODBC driver for mSQL?
                    >
                    > We'd like to run an NT-based program to access the mSQL data on Linux
                    > using ODBC.

                    There isn't a production ODBC driver available for mSQL at the moment. We
                    are very close to having a Beta release of our ODBC driver available.
                    Please keep an eye on our web site over the next week or so for details of
                    Beta releases.

                    Bambi
                    ..