15990Israel Using Phosphorus

  • Syed Roslan Syed Omar
    Jan 10, 2009

      phosphorus2

      Human Rights Watch has called on Israel to stop using white phosphorus which it says has been used in military operations in the densely populated Gaza Strip.

      The US-based group said that its researchers observed the use of the chemical, which can burn away human flesh to the bone, over Gaza City and Jabalya on Friday and Saturday.

      "We went by Israeli artillery units that had white phosphorus rounds with the fuses in them," Marc Garlasco, a senior military analyst at Human Rights Watch, told Al Jazeera.

      "Clearly it is [white phosphorus], we can tell by the explosions and the tendrils that go down [and] the fires that were burning," he said.

      "Today there were massive attacks in Jabalya when we were there. We saw that there were numerous fires once the white phosphorus had gone in."

      read more : HERE or HERE