FW: [FAIRTAX_DD] Tax Reform Panel Announces Two-Day Public Meeting

  • Phil Hinson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: FAIRTAX_DD@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FAIRTAX_DD@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of fairtaxnow@...
      Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 2:34 PM
      To: fairtax_dd@yahoogroups.com; ilfairtax@yahoogroups.com;
      infairtax@yahoogroups.com; kyfairtax@yahoogroups.com;
      ohfairtax@yahoogroups.com; tnfairtax@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FAIRTAX_DD] Tax Reform Panel Announces Two-Day Public Meeting

      Tax Reform Panel Announces Two-Day Public Meeting in Washington, DC on May
      11th & 12th

      The President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform today announced that
      the Panel's eighth meeting will be held in downtown Washington, DC on
      Wednesday, May 11th and Thursday, May 12th at 9:30 a.m.
      This two-day meeting will focus on specific options for tax reform. The
      witness list and exact location for the meetings will be announced in later
      releases.
      About the Tax Reform Panel:
      The President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform was established by
      President Bush on January 7, 2005. President Bush has charged the bipartisan
      panel with recommending reforms to the tax code that will make the U.S. tax
      system simpler, fairer and more growth oriented.
      ###

      _____

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
    • Billy Wilks
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2005
        Phil, I received a lengthly letter from Ms. Congressman Taylor detailing how
        the "Fairtax" proposal would just about destroy America as we know it. Most
        of his rebutal comes from ITEP. Seems I read an e-mail from you or someone
        in the organization about this and each item was addressed. I can't find the
        e-mail. Would you be so kind to send it to me and I will forward it to the
        congressman. I suspect he has seen it several times,but keeps his head in
        the sand. Thanks,
        Billy Wilks
        > Tax Reform Panel Announces Two-Day Public Meeting in Washington, DC on May
        > 11th & 12th
        >
        > The President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform today announced that
        > the Panel's eighth meeting will be held in downtown Washington, DC on
        > Wednesday, May 11th and Thursday, May 12th at 9:30 a.m.
        > This two-day meeting will focus on specific options for tax reform. The
        > witness list and exact location for the meetings will be announced in
        > later
        > releases.
        > About the Tax Reform Panel:
        > The President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform was established by
        > President Bush on January 7, 2005. President Bush has charged the
        > bipartisan
        > panel with recommending reforms to the tax code that will make the U.S.
        > tax
        > system simpler, fairer and more growth oriented.
        > ###
        >
        > _____
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Phil Hinson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2005

          http://www.fairtaxvolunteer.org/smart/rebuttals.html

          All the rebuttals are on this page.  I would assume that there would be one on Mr. Bartlett’s attack piece shortly.

          Phil Hinson

          > Tax Reform Panel Announces Two-Day Public Meeting in Washington, DC on May
          > 11th & 12th
          >
          > The President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform today announced that
          > the Panel's eighth meeting will be held in downtown Washington, DC on
          > Wednesday, May 11th and Thursday, May 12th at 9:30 a.m.
          > This two-day meeting will focus on specific options for tax reform. The
          > witness list and exact location for the meetings will be announced in
          > later
          > releases.
          > About the Tax Reform Panel:
          > The President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform was established by
          > President Bush on January 7, 2005. President Bush has charged the
          > bipartisan
          > panel with recommending reforms to the tax code that will make the U.S.
          > tax
          > system simpler, fairer and more growth oriented.
          > ###
          >
          >  _____
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Karl Bullock
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2005
            Let's be sure to get a copy on townhall.com, for those people who don't
            read our website!

            Karl Bullock