POPVOX

  • Philip Hinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2011

      Rep. Michael Burgess just introduced HR 1040, the Freedom Flat Tax Act, into the house last month.  That was the sole flat tax bill in the house last session and it had a total of 4 co-sponsors.  It is off to a better start with 9 co-sponsors this session.  Included among the co-sponors are

      Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [MD-6] - 3/11/2011
      Rep Bishop, Rob [UT-1] - 4/1/2011
      Rep Cole, Tom [OK-4] - 3/11/2011
      Rep Forbes, J. Randy [VA-4] - 3/29/2011
      Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] - 3/29/2011
      Rep Miller, Jeff [FL-1] - 3/15/2011
      Rep Neugebauer, Randy [TX-19] - 4/6/2011
      Rep Ross, Dennis [FL-12] - 3/11/2011
      Rep West, Allen B. [FL-22] - 4/5/2011

      This bill is a flat tax OPTION, which means (a) it does not get rid of a word of the 70,000+ page monstrosity that noone understands now, and (b) it is NOT revenue neutral, so there is no chance that it will ever see the light of day in congress.  I doubt that you could even get a plurailty of those who call themselves flat taxers to support it.

      Please go to POPVOX and tell them that this nation needs REAL fundamental tax reform.  There are not enough votes for POPVOX to even display statistics now, so we have a real chance to totally bury it.

      https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr1040/comment/share

      Phil Hinson