Fw: [FAIRTAX_DD] A republicans tax plan?

  • Philip Hinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2010
      budget.republicans@...

      "The flat tax" has been on life support for years now.
      The Republican establishment keeps trying to resuscitate it and no matter what new wrinkles they add, it still does not excite anyone.

      One of the reasons that  I believe they do this is because it does not disrupt the corrupt system of trading tax preferences for campaign cash the way the FairTax does.  Both sides are complicit in this perversion of our representative form of government and both sides eagerly await the day when they can "cash in" by going to work as lobbyists and making many times more than they made as government employees.

      This is why polls show an increasing disconnect between the public and their elected leaders in Washington.  A Rasmussen poll in December indicated that 75% of Republican voters do not believe that their representatives do a good job of representing them.

      I believe that it is time to let these people know that we are on to their racket.  If you agree with me, please send an e-mail to the above address and let them know how futile their attempts are to push some kind of half-measure tax reform.

      Phil Hinson