FairTax on the Ballot

  • Philip Hinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2009
      I have been encouraged that we have quite a few challengers for congressional seats in 2010 who are FairTax supporters.  The following is a list of those I know of, either because they have told our grassroots leaders or because they have indicated as much on the campaign websites.

      Joe Tegerdine
      Mississippi CD #4
      http://www.joetegerdine.com/

      Van Irion
      Tennessee CD #3
      http://www.van4congress.org/

      Michael McPadden
      Virginia CD #5
      http://mcpaddenforcongress.netboots.net/issues

      Mike Keown
      Georgia CD #2
      http://mikekeown.com/

      I know that this list is representative, rather than exhaustive.

      We have found that challengers are more receptive to our message and more willing to run on the FairTax for a number of reasons.  Probably the biggest is that almost all of the special interest money goes to incumbents and challengers therefore have less to lose by adopting the FairTax as a platform issue.  Another reason is that challengers are looking for issues with which they can differentiate themselves from the incumbents.

      If you are not familiar with Politics1.com, please check it out.  You can click on their map and find out every state and federal office in the state, and see a list of not only the current office-holders, but everyone who has declared for that office for the next election cycle.

      Please contact any challenger in your area and see if you can get them to run on the FairTax.  These people will be working almost full-time starting early next year and they will be making numerous campaign appearances in front of local audiences.  If they adopt the FairTax as a platform item, they will help us by spreading the word and explaining to their constituents - MANY of them.  We could not buy this kind of publicity.

      Phil Hinson