Fw: [FAIRTAX_DD] MN reception -- update 7/29

  • Philip Hinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 7:51 PM

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: "fairtaxnow@..." <fairtaxnow@...>
      To: fairtax_dd@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:37:27 PM
      Subject: [FAIRTAX_DD] MN reception -- update 7/29

      Hi Everyone!

      The plan is to fax members of Congress a "pre invitation" to the reception tomorrow.  The "pre invitation" will probably be the delegate invitation only it will be addressed to Congressmen. If you would be willing to fax a "pre invitation" to all of the Congressmen in your state, please send me an email so we can give you the artwork.

      Our original plan was to host a reception for 200 with attendance broken down to 50 Congressmen, 50 FairTax Volunteers, & 100 delegates.

      To actually have 50 Congressmen attend, it will take a lot of work from everyone. As we found out when we did the FairTax briefings on Capitol Hill, a simple invitation was ignored but when the invitations came from their voters the invitation took on a much higher priority for the Congressman. We should not flood the Congressman' s office with calls but if we have one or two volunteers follow up with a phone call in the week or two before the reception, that would be very helpful.

      Our current donations (Wednesday 7/30) toward the MN reception is as follows:

      $3735.00 @ $40 per estimated cost per guest = 93 guests have been funded by your donations.

      *AZ     $500
      CA      $250
      CA      $100
      CO      $200
      CO      $100
      *FL      $100
      FL       $  50
      FL       $  40
      FL       $  25
      FL       $  25
      FL       $  25
      *GA     $  25
      GA      $  25
      GA      $  25
      GA      $  25
      IN        $100
      *IL       $ 100
      KS      $ 200
      MA     $ 100
      MI       $   25
      MN     $   25
      MO     $   20
      NC      $  100
      NJ       $ 100
      NY      $   50
      NY      $   50
      OH      $   50
      OK      $ 100
      OK      $ 100
      OK      $   50
      OK      $   50
      OK      $   25
      SC      $   25
      SC      $   25
      SC      $   25
      SD      $ 100
      TX       $ 500
      UT      $ 100
      VA      $   25
      VA      $   25
      WI      $   50
      *WV     $ 100
      Total $ 3735       Remember donations are not tax deductible.

      Please send your donations ASAP to:

      Illinois Fair Tax
      P.O. Box 808
      Oak Forest, IL 60452

      Thank you for your support with this event!
      Marilyn Rickert
      Voice: 708-687-9412
      Cell: 708-227-8542
      Fax: 708-687-4718