Re: Activation and Re-Activation Problem

  • sandoppe
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2001
      I did a search using the terminology you suggested below DAS*.dll and
      received the following two incidents DASShp.dll and DASAct.dll.
      Since both of these are located in the windows folder I am reluctant
      to delete them since I don't have a clue what all they may run. As a
      rule, it is not a really good idea to go around deleting .dll's.
      Please advise the basis for your recommendation.

      Sandy
      --- In ms_reader@y..., "CJ Williams" <cjwill@m...> wrote:

      > Try deleting all files found when searching for DAS*.dll. Then
      > reactivate Reader. This should not cost an activation and should
      fix
      > the problem.
      >

      > CJ

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=214563.1778827.3296761.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      06

      030429:HM/A=867009/R=0/*http:/www.crystalvoicelive.com/whatFamily.asp?
      Af
      > filiateId=00120002>
      >

      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=214563.1778827.3296761.1261774/D=egrou
      > pmail/S=1706030429:HM/A=867009/rand=937772379>

    • CJ Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
        I agree normally I would not go around deleting dll's either but in this
        case the only thing these two dll's are used for is Reader activation.
        I would proceed with deleting the files and then reactivating (which
        puts these dll's in the windows system folder).

        CJ

        I did a search using the terminology you suggested below DAS*.dll and
        received the following two incidents DASShp.dll and DASAct.dll.
        Since both of these are located in the windows folder I am reluctant
        to delete them since I don't have a clue what all they may run. As a
        rule, it is not a really good idea to go around deleting .dll's.
        Please advise the basis for your recommendation.

        Sandy
        --- In ms_reader@y..., "CJ Williams" <cjwill@m...> wrote:

        > Try deleting all files found when searching for DAS*.dll. Then
        > reactivate Reader. This should not cost an activation and should
        fix
        > the problem.
        >

        > CJ

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706
        030429:HM/A=847665/R=0/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vbW9uc3RlcjcuZGF0=1009
        900560%3eM=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706030429:HM/A=
        847665/R=1>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=1706030429:HM/A=847665/rand=332519285>

      • Jon Noring
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
          "CJ Williams" <cjwill@...> wrote:

          >I agree normally I would not go around deleting dll's either but in this
          >case the only thing these two dll's are used for is Reader activation.
          >I would proceed with deleting the files and then reactivating (which
          >puts these dll's in the windows system folder).

          When I play around with removing DLL's to try to diagnose
          software problems, I simply rename them with a different
          suffix. It is easy to rename them back to the .dll suffix if
          they are found to be needed. When it is determined the
          original DLL's are not needed, then they can be deleted.

          An example, I'd rename 'abc.dll' to 'abc.lld', and then
          later delete 'abc.lld' if found not to be needed.

          Jon