Re: OEBPS character entity support in MS Reader 1.5; ReaderWorks

  • Roger Sperberg
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2001
      --- In ms_reader@y..., "Garret Wilson" <garret@g...> wrote:
      > 1. ReaderWorks does not seem to support UTF-8 (someone tell me if
      > I'm missing something here). If true, this is simply a grave error
      > for which there is *no* excuse. Not only does XML 1.0 require UTF-8
      > support, OEBPS 1.0 reiterates this requirement.
      >
      > 2. Just as bad (I can't really decide which is worse), ReaderWorks
      > does not handle the apos entity. ...
      >
      > In short, it seems that ReaderWorks is blatantly non-compliant at
      > the lowest level.

      Garret, did you e-mail Overdrive with these comments?

      If you hear from them, and they don't post on this list, will you
      summarize for us their response to you?

      I haven't suffered from this non-compliance, but not handling apos
      has me shaking my head.

      Thanks.
    • Garret Wilson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2001
        --- In ms_reader@y..., "Roger Sperberg" <roger.sperberg@e...> wrote:
        > --- In ms_reader@y..., "Garret Wilson" <garret@g...> wrote:
        > > In short, it seems that ReaderWorks is blatantly non-compliant at
        > > the lowest level.
        >
        > Garret, did you e-mail Overdrive with these comments?

        Roger,

        I did not. I'm afraid I don't have the time, and besides, OverDrive
        monitors this list at least periodically.

        If you decide to contact them on this, please let us know if you
        receive any replies.

        Garret