Best ereader?

  • Budd Turner
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2005
      I'm getting caught up with technology.
      I just acquired an Ipaq 4355.
      It has M$Reader v.2.2.3 that seems to work ok. I just visited M$ site
      and saw update to v3.2, but notice you have to activate it.
      Before committing to msreader, I am curious about all the other
      ereaders out there.
      Comparisons/Reviews somewhere?
      Preferences?
    • Hendro Joewono
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
        I like MSReader for its readability. Very book-like, but easier to navigate. And it's free! Just a single drawback, though: there's no Palm version of it, so--in some cases--I do not convert my txt files to .lit books to make sure I can read them in any platforms. For this purpose, I prefer the other reader (see below).

        My other favorite eBook reader is eReader (used to be called PalmReader). This one is available in both format: PPC and Palm (or four if we include Mac and Windows).

        Another good reader is MobiPocket Reader. IMHO, not as elegant as the other two. But, it's available in PPC and Palm also. And better still, the developer gives you the converter too: MobiPocket Publisher, with which, you can publish in any of your choice: .lit (MS Reader), or .prc (unreadable by eReader, unfortunately).

        There are several other popular eBook readers like uBook (mju Book), Tiny Reader, etc., which I don't use as frequently. So, I cannot give much info about.

        However, I never see choosing an eBook reader is some kind of commitment, since they don't ask for a "til death do us apart" oath from you.

          Before committing to msreader, I am curious about all the other
          ereaders out there.
          Comparisons/Reviews somewhere?
          Preferences?

        • Budd Turner
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2005
            Activation is another problem with M$ software.