BUSINESS PROPOSITION - ebooks

  • ganesh_kf
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2005
      Dear Friends,

      We are from Indian and part of a business group with interests in
      shipping and in BPO sector.

      AS you are aware, BPO sector is growing in leaps and bounds in India
      because the (1) cost of manpower is very very less compared to that
      of developed countries (2) Quality human resources available who are
      really hard working and committed (3) Availablity of good English
      knowing manpower.

      With the 3 main advantages to our side, we have started the BPO
      venture from being in the shipping industry for over a decade.

      As you may be aware that there are lot of companies which are engaged
      in conversion of paper books to ebooks format and selling them on
      website and also for making them be able to be "text" searched.

      There is a lot of scope in this business and some part of the above
      conversion is human oriented and cannot be done by
      computers/automation.

      The main work involves scanning the hardbook into pdf or jpg files,
      conversion to editable format (such as ms-word) and additing xml tags
      and further processing to be made to ebooks.

      We are now engaged in conversion from scanned images (pdf/jpg/gif) to
      editable text (ms-word) which is hugely human oriented. Those of you
      already familiar with this would know that even the best OCR software
      cannot be trusted for good conversion and it WILL require a human
      person to check the scanned pages word by word with the editable text.

      We propose to take up such conversion from scanned images to ms-word
      documents with word-by-word human checking.

      The upload/download of the data can be done by couriring of cds/dvds
      or by ftp.

      We can agree on terms and conditions which will be suitable to both
      our companies and we look for long term relationship and would put
      all our emphasis on giving quality output to our clients.

      Thank You.

      We welcome all kinds of business proposals in the ebooks / newspapers
      or any other conversion projects.

      Thanking You once again,

      Kind Regards,
      P S Ganesh