Help Wanted (For Mac) !!!!!!

  • jeanphilippegervais
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
      Is there a way - even a reeeaallyyy roundabout one - to read .lit files with something else
      then MSR ? Maybe by converting it to something else ? I'm working on a Mac (OSX 10.3.5)
      and deperately need to read some of those files...
    • volcano.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
        Thanks for asking,

        Many of the ebooks for the Microsoft Reader are also available for the Palm Reader at:
        http://www.palm-press.com/<http://www.palm-press.com/>

        If you do not have a Palm device there is a Palm Reader that runs on your desktop.

        Jack

        Is there a way - even a reeeaallyyy roundabout one - to read .lit files with something else
        then MSR ? Maybe by converting it to something else ? I'm working on a Mac (OSX 10.3.5)
        and deperately need to read some of those files...

      • Hendro Joewono
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
          There are several alternatives:

          You can use Virtual PC vers. 6.xx (or 7 if you use a G5) and install MS
          Reader for PC (free from microsoft.com). VPC is sluggish indeed, but I
          think it is OK for reading.
          Another way is get yourself a PocketPC :-)

          I am a Macuser myself. But when it comes to PDA, I prefer a PocketPC
          rather than a Palm. It syncs with my Powerbook (OSX10.3.5) too.

          On Oct 4, 2004, at 7:57 PM, jeanphilippegervais wrote:

          > Is there a way - even a reeeaallyyy roundabout one - to read .lit
          > files with something else
          > then MSR ? Maybe by converting it to something else ? I'm working on a
          > Mac (OSX 10.3.5)
          > and deperately need to read some of those files...

        • scythic
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2004
            --- In ms_reader@yahoogroups.com, "jeanphilippegervais"
            <jeanphilippegervais@y...> wrote:

            > Is there a way - even a reeeaallyyy roundabout one - to read .lit
            files with something else
            > then MSR ? Maybe by converting it to something else ? I'm working
            on a Mac (OSX 10.3.5)
            > and deperately need to read some of those files...

            Rumor has it that www.convertlit.com has a conversion tool with a
            binary that works under MacOSX. DRM files probably require that the
            tool be ran on a PC.