hyperlinking & graphics

  • farang_9
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2004
      1. can i hyperlink to another .lit file when creating an e book?
      i find one document just too unwieldy.

      2. how can i show a graphic at a larger size than that in the ebook?
      eg a map to read the detail.

      regards
    • Jon Noring
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2004
        farang_9 wrote:

        > 1. can i hyperlink to another .lit file when creating an e book?
        > i find one document just too unwieldy.

        Hmmm, I'm not sure. Haven't tried it. One can embed an anchor link
        within a LIT to link to an ordinary HTML page in your web browser.
        So it may be possible to put a URL pointing to a LIT file. If it is
        possible, the next test is to see if it will work both locally as
        well as via the Internet.

        > 2. how can i show a graphic at a larger size than that in the ebook?
        > eg a map to read the detail.

        LIT has no facility, as far as I know, for magnifying an image. The
        best you can do is to display it using as much of the screen as
        possible.

        One workaround, supported by OEBPS, is the <area> and <map> tags, to
        setup hotspots in your image which will display, in a pagelet, a
        magnified sub-image of the associated area. Unfortunately, it appears
        that all versions of MS Reader do not support <area> and <map>. :^(

        Jon Noring