Microsoft Reader on Dell Axim

  • jogul_98 <jogul@erols.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2002
      On my new Dell Axim Pocket PC. When I click on the forward/advance
      pad to forward, my ebook advances one page as it should. If I hold
      the pad down in advance the pages keep advancing as they should. But
      if I hold the pad down for awhile and release it, the pages "coast"
      that is they keep advancing for awhile even though I have removed my
      finger from the pad. The longer I hold down the pad before I release
      it, the longer the "coast". Is this normal?

      Jim
    • Rod Trent
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2002
        Yes, the PPC relates the number of seconds you hold the button down to the
        number of pages it believes you want to turn.

        On my new Dell Axim Pocket PC. When I click on the forward/advance
        pad to forward, my ebook advances one page as it should. If I hold
        the pad down in advance the pages keep advancing as they should. But
        if I hold the pad down for awhile and release it, the pages "coast"
        that is they keep advancing for awhile even though I have removed my
        finger from the pad. The longer I hold down the pad before I release
        it, the longer the "coast". Is this normal?

        Jim

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=242716.2759770.4138320.2225243/D=egroupweb/S=17060304
        29:HM/A=1321406/R=0/*http://www.e-dealsdaily.com/soundbug/>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=242716.2759770.4138320.2225243/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1321406/rand=780170906>

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 23, 2002
          --- In ms_reader@yahoogroups.com, "jogul_98 <jogul@e...>"
          <jogul@e...> wrote:
          > On my new Dell Axim Pocket PC. When I click on the forward/advance
          > pad to forward, my ebook advances one page as it should. If I hold
          > the pad down in advance the pages keep advancing as they should.
          But
          > if I hold the pad down for awhile and release it, the
          pages "coast"
          > that is they keep advancing for awhile even though I have removed
          my
          > finger from the pad. The longer I hold down the pad before I
          release
          > it, the longer the "coast". Is this normal?

          Yup. Very normal.
          You have about a 15-keystroke buffer, I think.
          Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
          Science Fiction and Semi-Fiction
          http://abintrapress.tripod.com