Re: FW: [ms_access] strange phenomenon

  • country
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
      Very simple saifety measure, it opens a copy of the mdb in case you drop
      the system, the orginal db will not be lost, only the modifications you
      make to the temp db.. When you close access it writes back to the
      original mdb, and updates..

      Jonathan Chang wrote:

      > Anyone have seen this email? I've sent several messages but no
      > replies....
      > Any help would be very
      > much appareciated.
      >
      > Jonathan.

    • Jonathan Chang
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
        Is that the standard behavior for all xp pro? I did not see this the first
        few times I looked at it and it just started
        to happen. There must be some feature you can turn on or off?

        Jonathan Chang wrote:

        > Anyone have seen this email? I've sent several messages but no
        > replies....
        > Any help would be very
        > much appareciated.
        >
        > Jonathan.

        Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • country
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
          not positive,I happened to be browsing in the dir one day and saw that,
          took a look at it, and seems to be that way, you might cehck your db
          security prompts

        • Beth Moffitt
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
            I don't know what the resolution is for the issue which you are
            experiencing, but I don't believe it is as described below. I have been
            using XP since beta release and I have never experienced the issue as you
            are describing. You might check to see if there is an option set to open
            the db exclusively or not.

            Regards,

            Beth M