Lincoln Quote

  • ghostofthepast2k7
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2009
      "I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing
      about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and
      black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making
      voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor
      to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this
      that there is a physical difference between the white and black races
      which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on
      terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so
      live, while they do remain together there must be the position of
      superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of
      having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon
      this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have
      the superior position the negro should be denied everything."