Thank you from Ndaje Festival 2008!!!

  • Dionne Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      African Dance and Drum Community,

      We would like to send our most sincere thanks to all of the people who came to the second annual Ndaje Festival! It was truly a success with participants who came from across the US and from Italy, Greece, Togo, and Montreal! We had a lot of fun (so much that we did not want it to end!) Special thanks to all of the teachers and musicians who brought the heart and spirit of African music and dance to Boston! Your energy is welcomed, needed and inspiring!!!

      We would also like to thank all of our volunteers, vendors, and collaborators who helped to make the festival a success. Thanks to WADaBo (http://www.wadabo.com/) for helping to get the word out about the festival. We appreciate everyone who encouraged, contributed, and gave us their blessings, including Mama Fatou N'Diaye, Darian Parker, Harolyn Bowden, Darya Pinton, Samba Cisse, Mamadou Diouck, Awa Ly, Lala Roberts, Erich Ludwig, Koriszan Reesee, Lisa Palumbo, Lamine Diallo, Alisha Ross, Carolyn Tullis, Joy DePalm, Emma Bailey, Erika Santiago-Camara, Vanessa Sweeney, De Ama Battle, Maila Sylla, Aluna Faye, and Zalika Reid. Also, special thanks to Michelle Jacobs (Culture Central, Inc. http://www.culturecentral.org/) and family for always supporting our events!

      As always, we welcome your comments and constructive criticisms as we look towards making the next year even better! Also, please respect our artists and festival participants by not posting festival videos and pictures on the internet without permission. Send copies of all videos and pictures taken during the classes and performances to ndajefestival@...or email us for a mailing address to send prints, CDs and DVDs of files that are too large to send via email.

      Pape N'Diaye will not be teaching his Friday class at the YWCA on 7/4/08 due to the holiday (and a much needed rest!).

      See you at the Ndaje Festival in 2009!

      Jerejef!

      Pape and Dionne
      Ndaje Festival 2008