New on "Likembe": Classic East African & Congolese 45s

  • beadlejp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      I've recently posted on my audioblog "Likembe" a number of classic 45s
      from East Africa and the Congo. These singles were all pressed in
      Kenya in the early 1980s.

      "East African Memories" features the amusing and rare novelty tune by
      D.O.7 Shirati Jazz, "I'm Tired." I've also posted hard-to-find tracks
      by the Maroon Commandos, Issa Juma & Waanyika, Les Volcano and Sukuma
      Bin Ongaro:

      http://likembe.blogspot.com/2007/12/east-african-memories.html

      In "Those Were the Days" I've posted rare recordings by Mayaula
      Mayoni, Franco, Souzy Kasseya, Manana Antoine and Orchestre Lipua-Lipua:

      http://likembe.blogspot.com/2007/12/those-were-days.html

      Recent "Likembe" posts have explored Nigerian highlife, The African
      Brothers Band of Ghana, Somali funk and Ethiopian music from the
      eighties, among other topics:

      http://likembe.blogspot.com/

      Please feel free to drop by!