bellydancing/Sega Dancing HAFLA SAT 5TH MAY, London NW11

  • Sameera Madana
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2007
      Dearest Dancers and friends

      JOIN US FOR OUR ESTABLISHED, FRIENDLY AND SOUGHT AFTER HAFLA THIS SIDE OF WATFORD!! Feel free to pass on the flyers to your lists. thanks

      The Spring hafla of the Sameera and Ben Madana Bellydancing School is on  Saturday 5TH MAY 2007
      VENUE: GOLDERS GREEN PARISH CHURCH HALL, North End Road, London NW11 OHB (bang out of Golders Green Tube and bus stations (opp BBC Hippodrome), ACCESSIBLE by lots of buses.

      4-6pm - WORKSHOP No 1: £25. SHAFEEK IBRAHIM  Mr LIGHTNING . Shafeek has been a moderator of "DANCING ON THE STREETS" filmed live by BBC1 July 2006.We were priviledged to be the only Bellydancing group taking part in that event and are frequently asked by television companies to dance in shows. (call Sameera 078 321 30469). Shafeek also  organised the first UK bellydancing competition in 2006 and will be a judge in selecting dancer/s for OOjami.
      In the "Cairo Express" workshop, Shafeek will work on your technique with particular attention to - LAYERING, TRAVELLING, FAST FOOTWORK, STYLE AND POSTURE ON STAGE. Can you afford to miss it?  - (SOME PLACES LEFT, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED call Sameera 078 321 304 69 or email back your names and pay on the day.

      Workshop No 2: PERCUSSION WORKSHOP WITH HANDSOME ZINGA
      Bring your darbuka or any other percussion instrument £25, Call Sameera

      WORKSHOP NO 3: SEGA DANCING WORKSHOP -
      We are introducing SEGA DANCING - what is SEGA ? An erotic blend of strong hip moves and fast footwork originating from our native Mauritius.
      Learn this exhilarating Slave dance which is very similar to the Latin american COUMBIA of Colombia/Ecuador.
      Danced wearing large flowered flowing skirts and crop tops, you can dance alone or with a partner to recreate this dance created by black slaves in 19th century.
      We have a weekly sega dancing class (see attached flyer)
      Call Sameera 078 321 30469

      6.30pm - 10pm - HAFLA includes Bellydancing and URBAN BEATZ from DJ LEX B
      Bellydancers performing include:
      SHAFEEK - wowing the crowd in his Animal print catsuit - WOW!
      JULIA
      SAMEERA M. performing Solo and presenting a beginners group and an Improvers group and a SEGA  group
      NAFISAH
      ESHTA
      REGINA FROM ALICANTE
      HAZEL KING SOLO AND WITH HER GROUP
      FIRE ARTIST AND BELLYDANCER - ELEKTRA
      REBECCA - TRIBAL
      LILIE NAOR AND THE LOVELY ELLA
      SALSA DANCING FROM SHAKA
      SURPRISE SEGA SINGING AND DANCING FROM LEGENDARY JEAN CLAUDE GASPAR AND DENNIS CLAUDE !!!!

      SINGING FROM ALBANIAN HEARTHROB - DEFFI

      Stalls for bazaar are available - do you have exciting stuff to sell £8 small table, £12 long one.  We are looking for GODDESS TAROT readers, EXPRESS HENNA ARTISTS etc.
      BAZAAR BY MAURITIAN DEL BOY (Delectable Tribal goodies), NAILA AND REGINA
      BRING AND SHARE BUFFET, RAFFLE, CASH BAR
      Tickets £6 in advance - £4 students performers, £2.50 kids 5-12 yrs)
      £8 on the door. Pls call SAMEERA 07832130469, Ben Madana 077 916 48281
      DJ LEX B 07988327948

      "NEVER LET THE DANCING STOP = QUE LA DANSE NE S'ARRETE JAMAIS"

      Sameera Madana
      SBM Bellydancing School
      078 321 304 69

      Attachments